Classic Antarctica With Special Guest Geoffrey Kent
26th November - 11th December 2012
From the whale-rich waters of the Drake Passage to the Antarctic Peninsula's remote coastlines, this comprehensive expedition cruise reveals the many faces of the world's last frontier. Join A&K founder Geoffrey Kent as you explore shorelines teeming with penguins and seals, go behind the scenes of an environmental research station and chat with on-board experts about the day's discoveries.
Cruise highlights in the Southern Ocean include: Antarctic Peninsula, South Shetland Islands (including Paulet, Half Moon, Deception, Cuverville, Penguin and Anvers), Paradise Bay and Lemaire Channel.
Why go with A&K?
- Cruise in style and comfort on board 'Le Boreal,' the only all-balcony vessel in Antarctica when chartered by A&K
- Sail with A&K's pioneering founder and CEO Geoffrey Kent - a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
- Discover some of the world's rarest wildlife and terrain on excursions led by the most seasoned guides in the region
- Learn about Antarctica's environment - and efforts to conserve it - on a visit to a working scientific research station
- Gain a deep understanding of the region with enriching lectures by award-winning experts
- Enjoy an all-inclusive journey that includes on-board gratuities, unlimited drinks and all port charges on 'Le Boreal' (except premium wines, premium liquors and champagne)
- Save time with charter flights to and from Ushuaia
All our guides have been charming and so helpful - the itinerary has been ideal for the time we had. It has been a fabulous holiday and a very memorable experience.
- AR, Derbyshire
Philanthropic Journey's Climate Change Challenge
Is the first departure aboard 'Le Boreal'. Travelers will have the opportunity to present a remotely operated Hyperspectral Irradiance Sensor to Palmer Station to measure the impact of global warming on major types of phytoplankton that grow along the Antarctic Peninsula.
Sundowner – A&K’s Luxury Travel Magazine
Let our travel experts inspire you for your next adventure. Our Sundowner Magazine is packed full of experiences, ideas, travel tips and more. View a copy online or to order one to be delivered to your door three times a year, click here. In this edition discover Top Stargazing spots, Explore China by train, Top notch digs Down Under and much more.