Classic Antarctica With Special Guest Geoffrey Kent
26th November - 11th December 2012
From the whale-rich waters of the Drake Passage to the Antarctic Peninsula's remote coastlines, this comprehensive expedition cruise reveals the many faces of the world's last frontier. Join A&K founder Geoffrey Kent as you explore shorelines teeming with penguins and seals, go behind the scenes of an environmental research station and chat with on-board experts about the day's discoveries.
Cruise highlights in the Southern Ocean include: Antarctic Peninsula, South Shetland Islands (including Paulet, Half Moon, Deception, Cuverville, Penguin and Anvers), Paradise Bay and Lemaire Channel.
Why go with A&K?
- Cruise in style and comfort on board 'Le Boreal,' the only all-balcony vessel in Antarctica when chartered by A&K
- Sail with A&K's pioneering founder and CEO Geoffrey Kent - a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
- Discover some of the world's rarest wildlife and terrain on excursions led by the most seasoned guides in the region
- Learn about Antarctica's environment - and efforts to conserve it - on a visit to a working scientific research station
- Gain a deep understanding of the region with enriching lectures by award-winning experts
- Enjoy an all-inclusive journey that includes on-board gratuities, unlimited drinks and all port charges on 'Le Boreal' (except premium wines, premium liquors and champagne)
- Save time with charter flights to and from Ushuaia
While planning our trip to Japan I dealt with two Vickys (Smith and Hamlin). They were both delightful - being articulate, helpful and most efficient. Their knowledge about Japan was very much appreciated. The few changes we requested to the first suggested itinerary were carried out quickly and to our complete satisfaction. You have two highly talented ladies who obviously love their job and are a great credit to A&K. We are most grateful.
- PD, London
Botanical Gardens of Ostrog School
Cares for one of Croatia's most beautiful botanical gardens, established by teachers and students on previously neglected land and maintained by the school children.
Sundowner – A&K’s Luxury Travel Magazine
Let our travel experts inspire you for your next adventure. Our Sundowner Magazine is packed full of experiences, ideas, travel tips and more. View a copy online or to order one to be delivered to your door three times a year, click here. In this edition discover Top Stargazing spots, Explore China by train, Top notch digs Down Under and much more.