Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
The Lodge at Chaa Creek
Why we like it
- 23 palm thatched cottage rooms are literally surrounded by one of the most pristine ecosystems in the world
- The Lodge at Chaa Creek is set in a 365 acre private nature reserve at the feet of the Mayan Mountains and on the banks of the Macal River
- Delectable 'Jungle Cuisine' is served in a romantic al fresco dining room
- The Lodge has a huge, and beautifully appointed, fresh water swimming pool
- Other facilities include an airy jungle bar, whilst a seemingly endless array of activities ranges from canoeing, biking and horse riding to exploring the Lodge's Natural History Centre, butterfly farm and rainforest medicine trail
The Hilltop Spa at Chaa Creek is set above the winding Macal River with a panoramic view of the Maya Mountains and lush Caribbean Rainforest.
I would just like to add that the help / service we received from Melissa Hookway was oustanding. It was very personal and I was made to felt like a valued client.
- AC, Cheshire
Accommodation choices include the superb Treetop Suites, stilted, stripped back Camp Casitas, The Cottage Collection and, perfect for families, the Orchard Villa. Tucked away in the lush rainforest, all are designed on a 'jungle' theme, with thatched roofs and exposed beams in evidence alongside the verandas where guests are regaled by tropical birdsong. Inside, they are beautifully furnished, with big, comfortable beds and hardwood furniture surrounded by white walls and local craft furnishings.
Overall, the Lodge successfully combines an adventure travel experience with comfort, good local-style food and a friendly atmosphere, especially in the veranda bar.
Best time to be there
Belize is hot and humid throughout the year but also has distinct seasons. The wet season runs from mid-May to November and the dry season from February to April. In between, temperatures are at their coolest.
Belize City - daily via Miami
12 hours 30 minutes
GMT -6 hours
Not required for UK passport holders
Yellow fever if arriving from an infected area
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Belize
Highlights of Belize
Nights: 7 | from £2,220pp
Explore Cayo’s majestic waterfalls and caves, visit the ancient Maya site of Caracol and unwind on the beach in Placencia on this 7 night adventure.
Rainforest, Ruins & Reefs
Nights: 13 | from £3,695pp
A transporting and exciting 13 night trip to the rainforest, ruins and reefs of Belize and Guatemala with time for R&R too.
Classic Guatemala and Belize
Nights: 13 | from £3,790pp
Enjoy 13 nights in beautiful Guatemala and Belize which embody the perfect holiday combination of culture and relaxation amid jungles and gorgeous beaches.