Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Why we like it
- Nestled in lush gardens and a few paces from the Caribbean Sea, each Garden View cottage has a private screened porch
- Turtle Inn is a beachfront paradise north of the Creole fishing village of Placencia
- Fresh seafood and traditional Italian cooking come together at the flagship restaurant, The Mare, whilst there are three additional dining options
- The resort is close the best beach swimming in Belize and has two infinity pools
- Other facilities include a dive shop, gift store, gelato bar and wine bar, whilst activity options include salt water fly or sport fishing, diving or visiting Lubaantun Mayan site or the Cockscomb Jaguar Reserve
The Sunset Spa is set in an open-air Balinese Rice House featuring hand-painted murals inspired by ancient art, and boasts stunning views of Placencia Lagoon.
I would just like to add that the help / service we received from Melissa Hookway was oustanding. It was very personal and I was made to felt like a valued client.
- AC, Cheshire
Turtle Inn is a true labour of love. Less than a year after Francis and Eleanor Coppola acquired this beachside refuge in 2001, it was swept out to sea by the forces of Hurricane Iris. Turning disaster into triumph, the Coppolas led a two-year reclamation project, creating a magnificent resort that is consistently ranked among the best in Central and South America.
A 25-room seafront hideaway, it combines natural wonders with luxury and style. All rooms are in individual thatched cottages, decorated with handcrafted Balinese furnishings and naturally cooled by the ever-present sea breezes. Just steps beyond each private deck, the white-sand beach dissolves into the clear Caribbean ocean.
Best time to be there
Belize is hot and humid throughout the year but also has distinct seasons. The wet season runs from mid-May to November and the dry season from February to April. In between, temperatures are at their coolest.
Belize City - daily via Miami
12 hours 30 minutes
GMT -6 hours
Not required for UK passport holders
Yellow fever if arriving from an infected area
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Belize
Highlights of Belize
Nights: 7 | from £2,220pp
Explore Cayo’s majestic waterfalls and caves, visit the ancient Maya site of Caracol and unwind on the beach in Placencia on this 7 night adventure.
Rainforest, Ruins & Reefs
Nights: 13 | from £3,695pp
A transporting and exciting 13 night trip to the rainforest, ruins and reefs of Belize and Guatemala with time for R&R too.
Classic Guatemala and Belize
Nights: 13 | from £3,790pp
Enjoy 13 nights in beautiful Guatemala and Belize which embody the perfect holiday combination of culture and relaxation amid jungles and gorgeous beaches.