Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Tivoli Eco-Resort Praia do Forte
Why we like it
- All rooms and suites have sea-facing balconies
- Tivoli Eco-Resort is set on a 12 kilometre stretch of Bahia's Coconut Coast, a coastline of deserted beaches, coconut groves and natural sea pools
- The Sombra do Coqueiral Restaurant serves fantastic Bahian cuisine
- The Thalasso Spa offers treatments ranging from Thalassotherapy, massages, and beauty treatments for the body and face to fitness programmes
- The hotel has eight swimming pools
- Other facilities include a water sports centre, football pitch, four tennis courts, a beach volleyball court, the unique 'cachaça' club at the Tabaréu Bar by the beach, a hairdresser and a variety of shops
- The hotel operates the excellent Careta Careta children's club, as well as a wide variety of children's facilities and activities
This can be a couples getaway or a relaxed family retreat, as their is almost no limit to the activities on offer. Our favourite is the Volleyball court located on the pristine beach, after a hard fought match, take a dip in the 12km stetch of beach around you.
Melissa very quickly worked out our likes and dislikes and came up with the perfect itinerary for us. She had maximized the tour in the short time to include as much as possible without making it an ordeal!
- RT, Peterborough
The Tivoli Eco Resort Praia do Forte is a 5-star Bahia hotel where simple architecture stands in perfect harmony with the stunning scenery and the biodiversity of the surrounding area.
All 292 rooms offer ocean views from 'jungle lodge' style buildings, none of which stand above palm tree height. Inside, the room are beautifully appointed - hard wood panelling mixes with subtly coloured walls and the very highest quality furnishings. Double glass doors open onto lovely balconies and terraces hung with hammocks, which are perfect spots for reading and relaxation.
The hotel's 'Experience Team' is always on hand to arrange trips and excursions, whether to local towns, into the 533 hectares of Atlantic forest just 6 km from the hotel, or to nearby waterparks and golf courses.
Best time to be there
Before you visit Brazil decide what you want to see: Brazil is a continental country, with large temperature variations from north to south. Visit the Pantanal from July to December, the Amazon Jungle from March to August, Rio de Janeiro from September to May and the Northeast year round.
Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro (British Airways)
14 hours 15 minutes
GMT -3 hours
Not required for UK passport holders
Yellow Fever certificate if arriving from an infected area
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Brazil
Nights: 12 | from £3,750pp
Vibrant Rio, the world’s largest waterfalls, tropical wildlife, colonial Salvador and the Bahia Coast are just a few highlights of this 12 night programme.
Brazil's Colonial Treasures
Nights: 11 | from £4,875pp
Step back in time for 11 nights as your explore Brazil’s colonial history: think old cobbled streets, bohemian districts, bustling city squares and old-world architecture.
Buenos Aires, Iguassu & Rio
Nights: 8 | from £3,785pp
Experience the diverse cities of Buenos Aires and Rio de Janerio with a visit to the beautiful Iguazu Falls.
Nights: 12 | from £4,545pp
A 12 night expedition into dense rainforests, luxuriant wetlands and striking landscapes; explore Brazil’s magnificent wildlife before some well-deserved relaxation on the Coconut Coast.
Cuba and South America by Private Jet with special guest Geoffrey Kent
Nights: 22 | from £66,779pp
Experience South America’s unique peoples and places on this journey around the continent by private jet, joined in person by A&K founder Geoffrey Kent in Cuba.