Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Why we like it
- All the resort's cabañas have private decks with hammocks overlooking the sea
- Santa Catarina's natural emerald splendour of forest and sea serves as the backdrop for Ponta dos Ganchos, one of Brazil's most exclusive hideaways
- A superb, heated infinity pool overlooks the ocean from an elevated position
- Other facilities include a state-of-the-art fitness centre, cinema, bar, lounge, games room, ocean-front tennis court and nature trails. Arvoredo Island, the best site for scuba diving in South Brazil, is nearby
- The restaurant is a la carte, with menus celebrating the shellfish for which the region is famous.
- The resort is open to guests aged 18 and above
The Ponta dos Ganchos spa using products by Germaine de Capuccini has three small pavilions, each with a private garden and a view of the sunset, the channel or the Bay of Ganchos
Thank you for upholding the A&K standard to which we have become accustomed over the years. Nothing replaces sheer competence in travel planning.
- RK, Bristol
Ponta dos Ganchos is an exclusive resort located on a privately-owned peninsula, surrounded by the exuberant Emerald Coast. Known as one of the most exclusive beach resorts in Brazil, stands where the waters of the Emerald Coast meet the lush rainforest vegetation in a dazzling display of colour and light.
The resort's twenty five charming cabañas lie in perfect harmony with the breath-taking scenery. Dotted amongst the lush greenery, they are designed in rustic-chic style, their exteriors dominated by hardwood facias and huge expanses of glass. Inside the rustic theme contrasts with a slick, contemporary feel, exemplified by clean lined furniture and high design fittings. Meanwhile, simple fabric accents and natural light soften the overall feel.
The cabañas' outdoor spaces are simply superb - lovely hardwood decks surrounded by lush greenery create peaceful, private spaces.
Best time to be there
Before you visit Brazil decide what you want to see: Brazil is a continental country, with large temperature variations from north to south. Visit the Pantanal from July to December, the Amazon Jungle from March to August, Rio de Janeiro from September to May and the Northeast year round.
Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro (British Airways)
14 hours 15 minutes
GMT -3 hours
Not required for UK passport holders
Yellow Fever certificate if arriving from an infected area
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Brazil
Nights: 12 | from £3,750pp
Vibrant Rio, the world’s largest waterfalls, tropical wildlife, colonial Salvador and the Bahia Coast are just a few highlights of this 12 night programme.
Brazil's Colonial Treasures
Nights: 11 | from £4,875pp
Step back in time for 11 nights as your explore Brazil’s colonial history: think old cobbled streets, bohemian districts, bustling city squares and old-world architecture.
Buenos Aires, Iguassu & Rio
Nights: 8 | from £3,785pp
Experience the diverse cities of Buenos Aires and Rio de Janerio with a visit to the beautiful Iguazu Falls.
Nights: 12 | from £4,545pp
A 12 night expedition into dense rainforests, luxuriant wetlands and striking landscapes; explore Brazil’s magnificent wildlife before some well-deserved relaxation on the Coconut Coast.