NEED TO KNOW
- The hotel's 50 rooms all offer captivating views, silence and privacy
- Perched on the shores of Lake Pehoé in Torres del Paine National Park, Explora Patagonia was conceived as an exploration base and offers spectacular views of Patagonia's astonishing natural beauty
- Cuisine is based on authentic local flavors and uses the best-quality ingredients, many of which are produced locally
- The Casa de Baños del Ona bath house has a heated indoor swimming pool, a sauna, four open-air Jacuzzis and offers a range of massages
- Other facilities include the Estancia 2 de Enero gaucho ranch and stables which are home to specially bred and trained horses, whilst a full programme of guided tours explore the granite peaks, glaciers and waterfalls of the Park, on foot or by boat
Explora Patagonia is the only hotel at the center of Torres del Paine National Park - home to diverse and pristine ecosystems and the place to be if you want to explore the true scale and beauty of Patagonia.
In terms of architecture, the hotel is designed to integrate seamlessly with its surroundings. A long building intended to contrast with the vertical form of Macizo del Paine, it is painted white to blend in with the snow and ice, whilst the external cladding is constructed of cement and wood beams - a combination able to withstand the Patagonian climate's wide-ranging temperatures and strong winds.
The interiors are warm and light - an effect created by combining warm colours of local lenga wood with white walls. Elsewhere, the interiors showcase local cypress woods, hand-worked slate and copper, and furniture specially designed and crafted by local artisans. Each room has a small living area, hydromassage bath and beds designed for deep, pleasurable sleep after a day of exploration.