Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Anantara Xishuangbanna Resort and Spa
Why we like it
- The first and only five star hotel and pool villa destination in China
- Children's club offering an array of interesting activities for three to 12 year olds
- Anantara Spa
- Activities on offer are cycling, cooking school, yoga and Thai Chi classes overlooking the river
- Six different dining options including the new concept of Design Dining
- Central swimming pool and deck with poolside bar
- The perfect base to explore this beautiful region in luxurious surrounds
See how tea is cultivated by spending an afternoon touring a plantation, tasting different varieties, and learning the history of tea production from Anantara's Tea Guru.
Melissa Hookway could not have been more helpful and informative, from my initial enquiry about our planned destination, right through the detailed planning of our trip, changes to flight timings, provision of documentation etc. Absolutely excellent personal service and such inspiring enthusiasm. Can't praise her highly enough.
- JB, London
The Anantara hotel is located in the beautiful city of Jinghong, with the backdrop of the Hengduan Shan Mountain Range to the south and the Mekong River passing on its way south-east to Laos. The resort is set within lush gardens and water features, and comprises 80 elegant deluxe guest rooms, as well as 23 one, two and three bedroom pool villas complete with a private plunge pool and an exclusive butler service. A luxurious and contemporary resort inspired by indigenous art and the beauty of Xishuangbanna.
Dining at Anantara is exceptional with a wide variety of places to eat and the culinary delights on offer take in sweeping views of Xishuangbanna's natural beauty as you feast on local delicacies and Northern Thai cuisine. Anantara is a wonderful base to explore one of the oldest and largest botanical gardens in China. Marvel at the power and grace of the Asian elephant on a visit to a wild elephant sanctuary. Witness the richness of local Dai culture on an excursion to a traditional village. Experience all that Southern Yunnan has to offer from the comfort of a luxury resort.