Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Arenas del Mar
Why we like it
- All suites and apartments have private terraces and hot tubs
- Arenas del Mar resort is located beside the Manuel Antonio National Park, a beautiful setting on the Pacific coast, which combines spectacular beaches and lush primary rainforest
- The El Mirador restaurant overhangs the Espadilla Beach and serves Costa Rican fusion cuisine
- The superb spa offers a wide range of health and beauty treatments
- Arenas Del Mar is blessed with two unparalleled beaches - Playa Espadilla and Playitas Beach. The hotel also has an outdoor pool
- Other facilities and activities include bars and lounges, whitewater rafting, mangrove kayak and boat tours, guided rainforest hikes, ocean kayaking, catch and release sport fishing, canopy tours and horseback excursions
This hotel is a superbly stylish and indulgent retreat amidst wonderful landscapes - particularly the beaches.
.Melissa is a first-rate Travel Consultant, and the relationship and trust that she has built with us is truly cherished.
- GF, Bedfordshire
The suites and villas are simply wonderful. Inside, they are generous slices of sleek luxury, where cool, tiled floors combine with neutral décor, fabulously individual furniture and an abundance of design touches. The private terraces are a real highlight. Secluded and stylish, they offer astonishing views, whilst mosaic tiles, soaring ceilings and hot tubs make them feel impossibly grand.
Best time to be there
December to March is generally considered the dry season. Temperatures rise in April and the rains arrive on the Pacific side from May to November. The Atlantic side has no specific dry season but there is less rainfall between March and September.
San Jose - daily via Madrid
GMT -6 hours
Not required for UK passport holders
No mandatory vaccinations required
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Costa Rica
Wild Costa Rica
Nights: 10 | from £4,420pp
A true adventure into the heart of Costa Rica, discover the beauty of this country with the largest bio diversities of the world.
Classic Costa Rica
Nights: 14 | from £4,230pp
From the calm Caribbean waters to the exhilarating waves of the Pacific this country seduces at every turn and serves up a dizzying array of nature-soaked activities; pack a sense of adventure and head off for our most comprehensive Costa Rican itinerary.
Highlights of Costa Rica
Nights: 11 | from £3,760pp
This perfectly balanced itinerary gives you a whistle-stop tour of Costa Rica taking in all its true gems; from gazing at bubbling volcano craters, to kayaking on lakes and lazing on pristine beaches.
Active Costa Rica
Nights: 12 | from £4,700pp
Drift off in jungle landscapes gazing at volcanic peaks after enjoying the exhilarating active adventures that this country serves up in bucket loads. A great trip for adventure lovers and families, it’s topped off in Nicoya Peninsula famous for its great surfing.