Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Why we like it
- Seven cosy rooms and two suites all have private balconies with striking estuary and ocean views
- Casa Caletas is located on a 5,000-acre farm above the Rió Jabillo and its mangrove estuary, on the striking and unexplored Gulf of Nicoya
- A lovely restaurant is set in a grass-roofed cabaña-style building
- The hotel's infinity edge pool affords incredible views from an elevated location
- Other facilities include bars, an indoor pool, a sunny patio and internet access, whilst activity options include surfing/boogie boarding, kayaking, windsurfing, horse riding, fishing and bird watching, as well as a range of tours and excursions
- We recommend the Junior Suites for its ocean view balcony complete with private Jacuzzi
We loved the horse back tours, which took us across green plains and on through the lush landscape of the Guanacaste rainforest. Quite an experience!
.Melissa is a first-rate Travel Consultant, and the relationship and trust that she has built with us is truly cherished.
- GF, Bedfordshire
The Casa itself is a wonderful building, traditionally constructed with brightly painted adobe walls, red tiles roofs and shaded verandas. Inside, the public areas, like the spacious lounge, are light and airy - again, with brightly coloured walls offset by wood and bamboo detailing. The rooms follow a similar theme and are lovely, homely spaces complete with large comfortable beds and enriched with local craft pieces.
There is no shortage of things to do whilst staying at this romantic hideaway. Allow those adventurous urges to take hold, with a kayak tour following the beautiful coastline of Nicoya, or mangrove tours providing privileged access to this fascinating and diverse habitat.
Best time to be there
December to March is generally considered the dry season. Temperatures rise in April and the rains arrive on the Pacific side from May to November. The Atlantic side has no specific dry season but there is less rainfall between March and September.
San Jose - daily via Madrid
GMT -6 hours
Not required for UK passport holders
No mandatory vaccinations required
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Costa Rica
Wild Costa Rica
Nights: 10 | from £4,205pp
A true adventure into the heart of Costa Rica, discover the beauty of this country with the largest bio diversities of the world.
Classic Costa Rica
Nights: 14 | from £4,230pp
From the calm Caribbean waters to the exhilarating waves of the Pacific this country seduces at every turn and serves up a dizzying array of nature-soaked activities; pack a sense of adventure and head off for our most comprehensive Costa Rican itinerary.
Highlights of Costa Rica
Nights: 11 | from £3,636pp
This perfectly balanced itinerary gives you a whistle-stop tour of Costa Rica taking in all its true gems; from gazing at bubbling volcano craters, to kayaking on lakes and lazing on pristine beaches.
Active Costa Rica
Nights: 12 | from £4,700pp
Drift off in jungle landscapes gazing at volcanic peaks after enjoying the exhilarating active adventures that this country serves up in bucket loads. A great trip for adventure lovers and families, it’s topped off in Nicoya Peninsula famous for its great surfing.