Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Hotel Punta Islita
Why we like it
- All rooms, suites, casitas and villas have private terraces with hammocks and either sea or tropical forest mountain views
- Hotel Punta Islita is set along the jungle covered Nicoya Peninsula of Guanacaste Province. From howler monkeys to red macaws, the surrounding tropical forest offers unforgettable sights and sounds
- Fresh, local ingredients inform the hotel's dining options, where tropical flavours are served with Costa Rican flair
- The excellent Casa Spa is set in lush tropical gardens and offers a generous selection of nature-inspired treatments for men, women, and the entire family
- An infinity-edge pool sits at the pinnacle of the hotel's tiered layout and is surrounded by a sun deck with shaded lounge areas
- Other facilities include a fitness centre, a beach club (with a large swimming pool, landscaped gardens, easy beach access, a children's playground, a casual restaurant and a swim up bar), complimentary shuttle services via golf cart, a nine hole golf course and tennis courts
- Resort included tours and activities are perfect to experience Authentic Costa Rica. From art sessions to zip lining!
Visit during sea turtle nesting season (between August and December) - it's an experience not to be missed!
.Melissa is a first-rate Travel Consultant, and the relationship and trust that she has built with us is truly cherished.
- GF, Bedfordshire
The property's tiered layout offers excellent ocean or mountain views from all guestrooms, which are set in secluded 'cabin style' buildings. Accommodation choices range from spacious deluxe rooms and suites with a jacuzzi, to casitas with plunge pools and private family villas with a pool and a home from home feel. All are beautifully put together, leaning heavily on cool, tiled floors and neutral wall colours, and enlivened by splashes of colour from freshly cut flowers, soft furnishings and local art. Meanwhile, exposed wood detail lends an authentic, beach cabin flavour.
Best time to be there
December to March is generally considered the dry season. Temperatures rise in April and the rains arrive on the Pacific side from May to November. The Atlantic side has no specific dry season but there is less rainfall between March and September.
San Jose - daily via Madrid
GMT -6 hours
Not required for UK passport holders
No mandatory vaccinations required
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Costa Rica
Wild Costa Rica
Nights: 10 | from £4,205pp
A true adventure into the heart of Costa Rica, discover the beauty of this country with the largest bio diversities of the world.
Classic Costa Rica
Nights: 14 | from £4,230pp
From the calm Caribbean waters to the exhilarating waves of the Pacific this country seduces at every turn and serves up a dizzying array of nature-soaked activities; pack a sense of adventure and head off for our most comprehensive Costa Rican itinerary.
Highlights of Costa Rica
Nights: 11 | from £3,636pp
This perfectly balanced itinerary gives you a whistle-stop tour of Costa Rica taking in all its true gems; from gazing at bubbling volcano craters, to kayaking on lakes and lazing on pristine beaches.
Active Costa Rica
Nights: 12 | from £4,515pp
Drift off in jungle landscapes gazing at volcanic peaks after enjoying the exhilarating active adventures that this country serves up in bucket loads. A great trip for adventure lovers and families, it’s topped off in Nicoya Peninsula famous for its great surfing.