Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Why we like it
- The resort's classical low-rise buildings and tropical gardens are arranged around an idyllic village square complete with Byzantine chapel
- All rooms have balconies and complimentary WiFi. Some suites have private plunge pools on sea-facing terraces
- Anassa's four restaurants include Basiliko, the signature gourmet restaurant offering a la carte
- Mediterranean-Asian fusion cuisine and the poolside Pelagos, with its open show kitchen - the fresh fish is a must
- The Thalassa Spa uses Ila, QMS Medicosmetics and OSEA products that are 100% chemical free
- The hotel has two outdoor swimming pools, an indoor pool and a seawater exercise pool. Other facilities and activities include watersports - water-skiing, sailing, snorkelling and scuba-diving - tennis, squash, golf and a range of excursions
- Fantastic children's facilities for children aged 4 months - 12 years
The sister property to Almyra, Anassa is not only ideal for couples, but also for families who are looking for a relaxed beach holiday with masses to do in the surrounding area.
The holiday was made by our guide, Adnan Duvenci. He was a constant source of good humour. He has left us with many highlights of our trip and introduced us to a wide variety of different experiences that have crowded into my mind since.
- KM, London
On the unspoilt northwest coast of Cyprus, alongside the little town of Polis and the charming fishing village of Latsi, Anassa recreates the relaxed mood of an island village. Tumbling down a secluded hillside towards the blue of the sea, Anassa's whitewashed walls mark it out as an archetype of Mediterranean design.
Inside the rooms and suites are cool elegance - white, clean lines punctuated by well-chosen furniture and accessories. Children are catered for by the Explorers Kids Club for children 4 months to 12 years (please note this is chargeable and pre-booking is recommended), whilst the Baby Go Lightly service ensures all the babycare essentials are available on arrival. CREW, for children aged 11+, offers a fantastic array of activities - from sailing, tennis and scuba diving to movie nights, cooking lessons and snorkelling - during the half terms of May and October as well as throughout July and August (charges do apply).
Away from the resort, the surrounding area abounds with sights and sounds - take a jeep safari into the dazzling Akamas peninsula or a wine-tasting excursion to the Byzantine monastery of Chrysorroyiatissa.
Best time to be there
A year round destination with long hot summers and cool mild winters. During the summer months, clear blue skies dominate and temperatures can soar above 30°C.
Pafos and Larnaca (British Airways)
4 hours 25 minutes
GMT +2 hours