Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague
Why we like it
- The hotel's elegantly designed 101 bedrooms and 18 suites all boast stunning views over the courtyards, the monastery chapel or Prague Castle
- The hotel is located close to the Wallenstein Garden, the famous Charles Bridge and within easy reach of the city's many attractions
- The Lichfield Restaurant offers a modern brasserie-style menu in the bright and attractive glass-covered courtyard
- The Augustine Spa offers treatments inspired by ancient recipes from the Augustinian order of monks
- We recommend the Executive Rooms as they have more space than the Classic rooms
We loved the Presidential and Tower Suite - spread over three floors with panoramic views across the rooftops of Prague.
That is why you use a travel agent and a company like A&K because you are always taken care of not only at the point of sale but during the travel, and after your return home if the need should arise.
- GJ, Tour Consultant
Opened in 2009, the Augustine is one of Europe's truly remarkable hotels. Its five buildings date from the 13th and 15th centuries, with the cloistered terraces and vaults of St Thomas's Monastery carefully incorporated to reflect the hotel's special location.
The glass-covered courtyard restaurant is a culinary and sensory delight, whilst the atmospheric Brewery Bar is perfect for a romantic evening in unforgettable surroundings. The bustling old town is a short walk across the famous Charles Bridge, whilst the Wallenstein Gardens host classical open-air concerts between April and October.
Best time to be there
Winters in Eastern Europe are very cold but Christmas is a magical time to visit. July and August are very hot, May, June and September enjoy pleasant temperatures and fewer crowds.
Prague (British Airways)
GMT +1 hour
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Czech Republic
Highlights of Budapest, Vienna and Prague
Nights: 8 | from £2,595pp
Discover the varied faces of central Europe’s three great capitals, with expert guides providing insights into the medieval, Baroque and Art Nouveau heritage of Budapest, Vienna and Prague – from castles and ca-thedrals to cemeteries and cobbled alleys.
Prague City Break
Nights: 3 | from £395pp
Home to about 1.2 million people, this magical city of bridges, cathedrals, gold-tipped towers and church domes has been mirrored in the surface of the swan-filled Vltava River for more than 10 centuries.