Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence
Why we like it
- The hotel is superbly situated on the west bank of the Nile, and attached to a mall comprising shops, bars and restaurants
- Among the most spacious in the city, the rooms and suites overlook the pyramids and the Nile, the Botanical Gardens and the bustling streets of Cairo
- Dining options include Italian fare in Seasons, authentic Thai cuisine in Lai Thai and contemporary Lebanese dishes in Aura
- The Spa and Wellness Centre offer a range of treatments based on an holistic Egyptian philosophy
- An open-air pool surrounded by loungers and tented shade is located on the fourth floor
- Other facilities include a well equipped fitness centre, the Tea Lounge and the Library Bar. Excursions and sports, including golf and tennis can be arranged with the Concierge
- The hotel has a children's swimming pool
- We recommend Deluxe and Premier rooms located on the higher floors
Exclusive to A&K clients
- 25% discount on spa treatments
- Room upgrade at check-in, subject to availability
- Complimentary item of laundry
- Personal greeting by hotel manager
*Terms and conditions apply, speak to a travel consultant for more information
It was the trip of a lifetime. The A&K staff truly looked after us and their organisation of what was a complicated itinerary completely made the trip for us.
- DR, Newport
With impressive views of the Great Pyramids above the canopy of Cairo's ancient Zoological and Botanical Gardens, this hotel stands at the centre of the First Residence apartments and shops overlooking the Nile River. It is an opulent, classic hotel with a homely feel despite a grand architectural scheme.
The 269 guest rooms are richly appointed in French Empire style. The soothing interiors feature soft gold, red and green tones and gilded, empire furnishings.
Best time to be there
Winter (October to April) for cultural trips, although May to September is great for the Red Sea. Ramadan is a particularly exciting time to be in Egypt - it is celebrated here with more exuberance than anywhere else in the world.
Cairo, Luxor (British Airways, Egypt Air); Sharm el Sheikh (British from Sep 2015, Easyjet); Hurghada (Easyjet)
4 hours 50 minutes direct
GMT +2 hours
Required - obtainable in advance or on arrival
No mandatory vaccinations
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Egypt
Luxury Small Group Journeys - Egypt & the Nile 2016
Nights: 9 | from £5,215pp
Cruise in luxury on Sanctuary 'Sun Boat III,' travelling to off-the-beaten-path Denderah, exploring Egypt's pyramids from the inside out and sailing the Nile in a felucca.
An Easter voyage from Dubai to Athens
Nights: 18 | from £7,899pp
An 18 night cruise that takes you on a fascinating journey from Dubai through to Oman, Egypt, Jordan and Greece.
Nights: 9 | from £2,395pp
Explore majestic Egypt and revel in the majesty of the pyramids, Luxor, Cairo and the Nubian desert city of Aswan.
Nights: 10 | from £2,295pp
Ever since there have been travellers, there have been travellers in Egypt. Its unparalleled ancient sites have drawn the curious for centuries – and it’s easy to see why. Outside capital Cairo, the best way to experience the country is on a cruise down the Nile, an unfurling of classic tombs and temples, busy souqs, wafting palms and timeless riverbank life.
Highlights of Egypt
Nights: 6 | from £1,695pp
Egypt’s treasures are on many a traveller’s bucket list; this itinerary packs in the most important historical and cultural sites of the country’s illustrious ancient past.
Highlights of Egypt with Jordan
Nights: 12 | from £3,595pp
This itinerary packs in the most notable highlights of Egypt’s illustrious past and the ancient treasures of Jordan culminating in a well-earned rest at a resort on the Dead Sea.
Nights: 7 | from £1,595pp
The River Nile is the lifeblood of Egypt. It is along this riverbank than ancient civilisations thrived, and where modern Egyptians still live and farm as they have for centuries. A week-long cruise on this mighty waterway, stopping at temples, tombs and palm-frilled villages, is the best way to take the measure of this fascinating country.
Nile Dahabiya Private Charter
Nights: 7 | from £1,795pp
7 nights aboard a sailing boat on the Nile, passing beautiful little-visited regions as well as exploring the temples of Luxor and Aswan with an Egyptologist.
Luxury Small Group Journeys - Egypt & the Nile 2017
Nights: 9 | from £4,600pp
Travel to off-the-beaten-path Denderah, one of Egypt’s best preserved and less-frequented temples.