Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Why we like it
- The barge has accommodation for 12 guests across 1 Junior Suite with twin or double bed, 1 Junior Suite with double bed, 2 staterooms with twin or double bed and 2 staterooms with twin beds.
- All are air-conditioned with en suite bathrooms
- A comprehensive programme of excursions and visits that are a blend of cultural, historical and general interest, which compliments time spent drifting lazily along the waterways
- The saloon and dining room have comfortable sofas, books and music, and an always open, inclusive bar
- A heated sunken spa pool is located on the spacious sun deck
- Fabulous cuisine is provided by the barge's own Master Chef from sumptuous breakfast to a delicious buffet or picnic ending in a four or five course dinner each evening
- Please note that children under the age of 12 years are not accepted unless it is a charter booking or a special family departure
- The barge carries 10 touring bikes
Take to the bicycles on board and explore hidden routes of France.
I would like to say what a fantastic tour company you are!! You made me and my family’s holiday in March to Terre Blanche Hotel Spa Golf Resort the best holiday ever and I want to thank you so much. You made me and my family feel like royalty. You should be so proud of the hard work and excellence in your job. Thank you millions.
- TF, Essex
The 12 passenger L'Impressionniste began life as a cargo barge in Holland, before being transformed into the powerful canal and river cruiser she is today. She has a light and airy interior reminiscent of the turn of the century era and is decorated with a selection of prints, fabrics and wall colourings.
Your Captain leads a crew of six, comprising Master Chef, Tour guide, Housekeepers and Deckhand as she cruises through Burgundy - visiting Dijon, famed for its mustard, and Ducal Palace. Wine connoisseurs will delight in visits on the Route des Grands Crus and gastronomes will enjoy lunch at the Abbaye de la Bussiere
Best time to be there
Sunworshippers head to the beaches from June to September. The climate is mainly temperate with the south enjoying hot summers and mild winters.
Bordeaux, Geneva, Marseilles and Paris (British Airways), Nice and Lyon (British Airways or bmi)
Paris and Avignon (Eurostar)
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in France
Azamara Club Cruise - Monaco Grand Prix Voyage 2018
Nights: 4 | from £2,580pp
Join the jet-set at the Monaco Grand Prix during a cruise that showcases the glitz and glamour of the French and Italian Rivieras.
Barcelona to Monte Carlo Ft. Silversea Cruises
Nights: 14 | from £3,550pp
Contrast the glitz of Monte Carlo with the rustic prettiness of Elba on a voyage that brings out the best of the Mediterranean’s history, art, and culture.
Paris & The Cote d'Azur
Nights: 6 | from £1,750pp
Experience the essence of France with this stylish combination of sophisticated city chic in Paris and the elegance of the Cote d’Azur.
Paris City Break
Nights: 3 | from £895pp
Bursting with attractions, art galleries, museums and beautiful parks, whatever you want from your city break, you’ll find it in Paris.
A Wine Infused Tour of Bordeaux
Nights: 4 | from £1,675pp
Discover how viticulure and history are inextricably in-tertwined in the ancient wine regions of old Aquitaine on a series of expert-guided tours in Bordeaux, St Émilion and the Route du Médoc, pausing for cellar tours and wine tastings en route.
A French Family Adventure
Nights: 8 | from £4,500pp
Combine art and activities on a Gallic adventure to thrill adults and children alike: roam Paris on two wheels and explore its galleries and grand Notre Dame, then head to the Côte d’Azur to try your hand at blending perfume in Grasse and meet the denizens of the deep in Monaco’s Aquarium.
Burgundy Barge Cruise
Nights: 6 | from £3,150pp
Meander through the verdant countryside of Burgundy, its hills lined with vineyards, studded with châteaux and grazed by Charolais cattle, on a slow-paced canal cruise through one of France’s great wine regions.