Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Blue Palace, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Why we like it
- The resort's 251 luxurious bungalows, suites and private villas with infinity pools are dotted along the shore and connected by winding stone pathways
- The Blue Palace enjoys a blessed location, overlooking the sparkling blue waters of the Cretan Pelagos and the isle of Spinalonga with its Venetian fortress
- The resort has five exquisite restaurants, including the charming Blue Door and, our favourite, the star-lit L'Orangerie with its Mediterranean gourmet cuisine
- The Elounda Spa & Thalassotherapy centre is a serene hideaway by the sea, where revitalising therapies are based on the properties of sea water
- A Kids Club is open to three to 12 year olds, whilst children's facilities include indoor and outdoor playgrounds, two children's swimming pools, as well as theatre, fishing, painting, and Greek dancing
- We recommend the two bedroom Villas, Thalassa and Almyra. Perched on the hillside above the Aegean Sea they both have private, heated pools
We loved the small village of Plaka, a five minute walk from the resort. Home to artists' studios, lovely craft boutiques, and a handful of mezze bars and restaurants. Head to the small marina, from which you can take a trip to the fascinating island of Spinalonga aboard a local fishing boat.
I am delighted with the service. I thought our situation was hopeless, but Sandrine Baker proved me wrong by finding hotels in the right places. We are all looking forward to the trip!
- JD, Northumberland
Nestled on the famed coast of Elounda on the Island of Crete, the Blue Palace Resort offers a luxurious take on island living. Using natural stone materials, blush terracotta and huge expanses of gleaming glass it draws on Minoan and Greek architecture mixing clean lines with arched doorways and domed rooflines.
The resort's bungalows, suites and private villas are immaculate, combining a stylish feel with indigenous natural materials, and open onto gardens rich with olive, locust and palm trees. Scattered around the property in several low rise buildings, they all have sea views.
The Blue Palace has a number of swimming pools, including a large complex of interconnecting pools by the sea. Other facilities include a fitness centre, a rocky private beach with decking, and water sports.
Best time to be there
The mainland and islands are very hot and dry in July and especially August, the preferred travel month for French, Italian and Spanish holiday makers, making conditions busy, hotel availability limited and the beaches crowded. May, June and September are infinitely more comfortable and generally less expensive.
Rhodes, with its refreshing westerly winds and moderate summer heat, makes it the ideal place to travel for a summer holiday or a short break in the spring or Autumn.
Fly toAthens and Thessaloniki (British Airways); Rhodes (easyjet); Heraklion, Santorini and Mykonos (British Airways to Athens and onward with Aegean Air)
Flying time3-4 hours
Time differenceGMT +2 hours
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Greece
Athens City Break
Nights: 4 | from £950pp
Get under the skin of Greece's ancient capital on a 4 day tour of Athens's markets and museums, the mighty Acropolis and the Plaka district.
Celebrity Cruise – Greek Isles Cruise
Nights: 9 | from £2,550pp
Discover the wonders of Ancient Greece on this sailing, which follows the picturesque coastline of Croatia before tracing a path to Athens and onwards through the Greek islands
Nights: 9 | from £4,330pp
Visit Athens with an expert guide then travel on to Epidaurus, the ancient citadel of Mycenae and explore unspoilt seaside landscapes over 9 nights.
Venice to Rome discovery Ft. Regent SevenSeas
Nights: 13 | from £4,650pp
Discover the Mediterranean’s evocative mix of culture and history, from the canals of Venice and walled city of Dubrovnik to the romance of Capri and eternal appeal of Rome.
Adriatic Wonders Ft. Seabourn
Nights: 13 | from £3,750pp
Sail away in style from Venice to discover the natural wonders and historic riches of atmospheric tucked-away Adriatic ports and islands, whose appeal ranges from the beauty of Kotor to the ancient glories of Athens.
Greek Island Hopping
Nights: 6 | from £2,150pp
Hop your way around the Cyclades islands, taking in the charm of Santorini, the lively town of Mykonos and the cultural gem that is the tiny, traditional island of Delos.