NEED TO KNOW
- Extending over 130 hectares, Navarino Dunes is a beautiful setting, overlooking a magnificent sandy beach and the warm waters of the Ionian Sea
- All rooms have floor to ceiling windows and private balconies with sea views
- The Pero restaurant serves international cuisine, whilst the Eleon offers traditional Greek dishes
- Anazoe, the huge spa and Thalassotherapy centre, combines ancient Greek medicine with modern techniques
- The hotel has a number of pools, both indoor and outdoor, including a children's pool
- Other facilities and activities include the Dunes golf course, billiards, bowling and a fitness centre
- The Romanos operates a programme of children's activities and babysitting is available
- We recommend the Infinity Suites with their private swimming pools
The Romanos is a Luxury Collection Resort a half hour drive from Kalamata and in a totally unspoilt region of Greece. The hotel architecture is inspired by old Messinian mansions and rural houses, using native stone and local design themes.
The suites are fabulous spaces. All are individually designed in cool, neutral colours, with furnishings and décor touches selected to reflect the natural surroundings. They have huge windows and outdoor spaces to make the most of the views.
The hotel itself is well equipped with facilities, restaurants and bars. Even so, in Agora, the village centre, you will find shops, art galleries, and a wide range of eateries including an Italian, an authentic Greek Kafenio and Souvlakerie. The hotel has a swim up pool bar, the Anax lounge and a Beach bar. There are many other restaurants on the wider resort
For the sightseer there are a multitude of things to do - from fishing trips and visits to the local village of Pylos, cycling and walks to the world famous Oxbelly Bay, olive oil and wine making, ancient palaces, Byzantine churches, castles and temples.
The Sand Castle children's club has the added bonus of offering overnight stays.