Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Australia & Fiji Honeymoons
Call 01242 546 624 to speak to a specialist
If you have the luxury of a little more time for your honeymoon, the long flight to Australia will reward you with enveloping landscapes, cool cities, chic hotels and idyllic beaches.
The big city buzz of Sydney is great fun. The harbour is alive with restaurants and bars and is an atmospheric place for a wander. Like all big cities, Sydney has many attractions and individual neighbourhoods to explore. Laid-back, arty Melbourne is another of our favourites.
Australia’s natural landscape is hard to beat; no matter where you choose to visit there will be stunning countryside to enjoy, whether the tropical green of the north, the spectacular expanses of The Outback, or the mammoth coastline. Tasmania is rightly renowned for its beauty, and it also offers smart little hotels and excellent restaurants, where passionate chefs utilise the bounty of this fruitful island.
Honeymoon Highlights of Australia & Fiji
- Enjoy Champagne and canapés as the sun sets over the desert; a romantic conclusion to a visit to Uluru.
- Take a helicopter flight over the Great Barrier Reef for a fabulous vantage point of one of the world’s most stunning natural wonders.
- As Sydney lights up in the evening, enjoy dinner on a private yacht, the iconic harbour providing a spectacular backdrop.
- Less well known than the Barrier Reef, Western Australia’s Ningaloo Reef is arguable better for divers – you simply walk through the turquoise waters from shore to the reef.
- Renowned for breath-taking scenery and rugged landscapes, Tasmania offers some of the best walks in Australia.
If wine and food are of interest you’ll be spoilt for choice. The Australians have exacting standards, and an emphasis is placed on home-grown produce, meaning food is fresh and delicious as standard. Some of the best wine tasting is on offer in Barossa Valley, Hunter Valley or the boutique vineyards of Margaret River. Tasmania’s sparkling wine is superb.
Both the east and west coasts have endless beaches and wonderful sea life. An exclusive safari camp experience in Ningaloo Reef could bring encounters with red kangaroos and emus on land and humpback whales, whale sharks and a host of colourful fish and coral off shore. The famous Great Barrier Reef delivers world class diving opportunities, boat trips and luxurious hotels.
Nearby Fiji is a wonderful place to finish. Adrift for millennia in splendid isolation, this is a place where buildings are no taller than coconut trees and the pace of life is slow. Unwinding on the beach or cruising the clear waters to the coral reef is heavenly. Don a snorkel and you’ll find yourself nose-to-nose with the multihued tropical fish and intriguing crustaceans of the Pacific Ocean. Meanwhile, the adrenaline of Jet Ski safaris, rainforest canopy tours and shark dives is never far away.
Likuliku Lagoon Resort
Southern Ocean Lodge