Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Sri Lanka Honeymoon
Call 01242 546 624 to speak to a specialist
Honeymoon Highlights in Sri Lanka
- Racing through the jungles of Yala National Park in search of leopards is made all the more fun by a Champagne breakfast.
- No visit to the hill country is complete without staying in a luxurious converted planter's bungalow –with log fires, sumptuous afternoon teas and spa treatments on the menu.
- When in the Hill Country, try climbing Adam's Peak at night –either on foot or by car –for breakfast while watching the sun rise over this beautiful landscape.
- Floating over the Cultural Triangle by hot air balloon is a truly memorable way to see ruined cities and rock fortresses.
- While in Sri Lanka, why not have your marriage blessed in the traditional Sri Lankan way?
A short drive south through the spice plantations takes you to the bustling market town of Kandy, home to the famous Temple of the Tooth and the annual Esala Perahera Summer festival, which culminates in a procession involving hundreds of decorated elephants, dancers, drummers and fi re-eaters. A leisurely train journey will take you up into the tea plantations through small villages and past tea pickers in their colourful saris.
On the south coast, you can go wildlife spotting in the national parks, head to the beach at night to see turtles lay their eggs, or take a boat to see blue whales, spinner dolphins and sperm whales. The southwest and northeast coasts are also renowned for picturesque palm-fringed beaches where you can end your honeymoon with time to relax on the beach, spoil yourselves in the spa, and spend your evenings eating seafood on a romantic sandy beach.
Ceylon Tea Trails, Hatton
Paradise Road Villa Bentota