Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Why we like it
- Accommodation options at Half Moon range from the intimate to the grand - all with private outdoor spaces
- Half Moon Resort lies to the east of Montego Bay, in the curving bay from which the hotel takes its name
- The resort has five restaurants offering everything from Italian to Caribbean fusion
- The Fern Tree Spa offers options aplenty, from bath soaks and skincare to massage and exfoliation, including the wonderful Jamaican Green Coffee Envelopment
- The resort has an astonishing three pools, including an Olympic-size lap pool
- The Anancy Children's Village at Half Moon includes shaded play areas, activity rooms, a wading pool, sand pits, and an expansive outdoor play area with each activity supervised by a well-trained coordinator
Childhood dreams can come true as you swim with dolphins in the hotel's large ocean lagoon. Private swims can be arranged if you are wanting more one-on-one time with these intelligent and charming creatures.
We would particularly like to commend two guides who were exceptional, Quynh in Hanoi and Viseth in Siem Reap.
- JH, West Sussex
Nestled on a two-mile, crescent-shaped beach on Jamaica's northern coast, Half Moon, is truly paradise found. This spectacular, 400-acre luxury resort features pristine, whitewashed cottages surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens and the sparkling Caribbean Sea beyond.
Expertly combining Old World charm and elegant modern touches, Half Moon offers 197 guest rooms and suites, and 31 private villas. Each one is beautifully appointed, showcasing its own distinct Caribbean personality - decorated with vibrant hues and stately furnishings; they are light and airy spaces.
With its spectacular seaside location, rich Caribbean heritage, warm and attentive staff and exceptional array of amenities, this iconic Jamaican destination has set the standard for luxury Caribbean resorts for more than 50 years. The resort offers a huge range of facilities and activities - from golf, tennis and water sports, to 400 acres of landscaped grounds, two miles of golden beach and a dolphin lagoon. Yoga and Pilates packages are available and cater to all levels.
With five superb restaurants to choose from, diners will be spoilt for choice; Seagrape's menu is international but with an emphasis of ingredients grown and reared locally while the Sugar Mill is recognised as the best restaurant in Jamaica and one of the finest in the Caribbean.
Jamaica (British Airways to Montego Bay (twice a week) and Kingston (three times a week) from Gatwick; Virgin Atlantic to Montego Bay and Kingston (twice a week) from Gatwick)
GMT -5 hours
Not required for UK passport holders
No mandatory vaccinations
Best time to travel
November - April
The best time to visit Jamaica is during our winter and spring months of November to April. The rains tend to occur in May and June.