Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Why we like it
- Outdoor living rooms are integral to the tasteful accommodation
- The Jamaica Inn faces onto its own magnificent swathe of sandy beach
- Meals are served al fresco to the sounds of the sea or a local band
- The hotel has a fabulous open-air spa set right at the water's edge
- The hotel has a lovely beachfront swimming pool
- Other facilities include bars, croquet, snorkelling, kayaks and sunfish sailing. A whole host of additional facilities and activities are available nearby
- New Cottage 7 fashioned in a contemporary Caribbean style and designed to make full use of its natural surroundings and fabulous panoramic ocean views
Superb, friendly service is a feature of this hotel. We loved our chats with Teddy who has been serving up friendship for over 50 years.
All the hotels were perfect with the highlights being the Taj Lake Palace - Udaipur and the Oberoi in Agra.
- GM, Essex
Quintessentially Jamaican and often described as 'a small grand hotel', Jamaica Inn harks back to a bygone era. Recently renovated throughout, the Inn offers a relaxing, stylish holiday and is an ideal base from which to explore the beauty of the island.
The 48 spacious suites and cottages are spread out over a lush six acre property. Cottages are hiding on ocean bluffs, whilst all other suites also enjoy great sea views. Décor is plantation-style boasting large sitting areas, full-size sofas, wing chairs, breakfast tables and writing desks. Each suite also benefits from a private balustraded balcony or large veranda and refreshing sea breezes that filter through the louvred shutters. No televisions or radios, only the surround sound of the sea. Why not follow in the footsteps of Winston Churchill and book the illustrious White Suite, magnificently situated on its own private peninsula, furnished with Jamaican antiques and boasting its own secluded pool, private terrace and breathtaking vistas of the sea.
Jamaica Inn's crowning glory is its accommodation. Spacious and tasteful, each suite has a private balustraded balcony or large veranda overlooking the water. Balconies and verandas come complete with a full sized sofa, wing chair, breakfast table, writing desk and coffee table. Inside, the décor is impeccably stylish, based on polished floors, pure white walls and linens, dark wood furniture and fresh flowers to add colour.
As soon as you set foot in this hotel, it will be immediately obvious why the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Ian Flemming and Noel Coward have stayed here in the past.
Jamaica (British Airways to Montego Bay (twice a week) and Kingston (three times a week) from Gatwick; Virgin Atlantic to Montego Bay and Kingston (twice a week) from Gatwick)
GMT -5 hours
Not required for UK passport holders
No mandatory vaccinations
Best time to travel
November - April
The best time to visit Jamaica is during our winter and spring months of November to April. The rains tend to occur in May and June.