Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort & Spa
Why we like it
- Set in a luscious 400-acre tropical setting, the Rasa Ria resort is in a world of its own
- The resort overlooks the exquisite golden sands of Pantai Dalit Beach
- 499 elegantly appointed rooms and suites, many of which have a private balcony
- Entertaining Kid's Club for children 5 to 11 years old offering activities such as Batik painting, origami and treasure hunts
- The 18-hole championship golf course has an ecologically friendly design, highlighting the resort's commitment preserving the island's natural beauty
Exclusive to A&K clients
Clients staying in the Ocean Wing receive the following A&K exclusives:
- Champagne or similar on arrival
- Guaranteed rooms on the highest floors (level 3 & 4)
- A 7 night stay receives a one-time summit breakfast for two watching the sun rise over Mt Kinabalu
- 20% off Food & Beverage and Spa Treatment
*Terms and conditions apply, speak to a travel consultant for more information
I was left utterly blown away with Namibia and I had so much fun. It is such a diverse country and it was made all the better because of all the hard work you guys did to make it happen.
- SP, London
Each one of the 420 serene and luxurious guest rooms has a distinctly Malaysian feel, with soft and comforting earth tones and intricately carved panels; very in keeping with the ethos of the resort. Spend an hour or two in the spa, enjoy an invigorating jet-ski session or take a fascinating guided walk through the Nature Reserve, amongst many pleasurable pastimes. As evening beckons, enjoy a Sabah-style beef satay at Tepi-Laut, the resort's restaurant that serves traditional street-style hawker dishes, and then sip a cooling cocktail at the beach-side Sampa Bar.
Suggested itineraries in Malaysia & Borneo
Highlights of Sabah
Nights: 9 | from £2,130pp
Sabah, Malaysia’s ‘Wild East’, is a lush natural wonderland where orangutans swing through the rainforest, azure seas teem with colourful fish and former headhunters display skulls in traditional bamboo houses. Meet the people and animals of Borneo on a trip combining real adventure with true luxury.
Nights: 13 | from £3,595pp
Discover the myriad faces of neighbouring Singapore and Malaysia, exploring their diverse cultural heritage, spectacular rainforests and beaches, lively temples and markets, and – most unmissable of all – some of Asia’s most delectable food.
Legends & Longhouses
Nights: 11 | from £2,695pp
Jungle-clad Borneo is a wild island like no other, home to orangutans and former headhunters. Discover its natural and cultural wonders in the twin Malaysian states of Sarawak and Sabah: trace meandering rivers to meet indigenous tribes, and explore vast caves chattering with bats and birds – taking time out to relax on beautiful tropical beaches.
Borneo Wildlife Adventure
Nights: 8 | from £3,365pp
Introduce the family to the wildlife of one of the world’s great natural wonderlands – Borneo. Snorkel among dazzling fish, meet the great orange apes of Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre and journey along the mighty Kinabatangan River in search of proboscis monkeys and exotic birds.
Eastern & Oriental Bangkok to Singapore
Nights: 3 | from £1,595pp
Relive the most glamorous era of travel on a journey through the tropical landscapes of Thailand and Malaysia. Witness the infamous Bridge on the River Kwai, explore the colonial streets and Chinese temples of Penang, and cross the Strait of Johor to discover the thrilling city of Singapore.