Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Six Senses Laamu
Why we like it
- Located on privately owned Olhuveli Island in the idyllic Laamu Atoll
- Eco-friendly yet luxurious experience with a natural design that blends with the island's lush vegetation
- There are six delectable restaurants including an overwater wine cellar and deli
- Children's club, The Den, keeps young explorers entertained with a variety of activities, from pizza making to snorkelling and beach treasure hunts
- Drift away at the Six Senses Spa as you cocoon yourself in one of the double treatment Bamboo Nests
Grab a surf board and ride the most famous surf break in the Laamu Atoll - the Ying Yang.
Victoria Holdsworth was brilliant-so helpful and responsive, efficient and charming.
- CH, Surrey
Six Senses Laamu offers a myriad of activities - an afternoon cooking class, canoe trip, try your hand at hobie cat sailing or borrow a book from the well-stocked library. Dining caters for every taste, from lunch at sophisticated Leaf Restaurant, to a choice of 50 flavours at the Ice Cream Parlour, to a special evening in the glass Wine Cellar Tower, Altitude, rising six metres out of the ocean where flying wine-waiters are on hand to pick out your chosen vintage. The perfect end to a perfect day is a star-lit movie at the open-air cinema.
Male (Emirates and BA)
10 hours 30 minutes non-stop, 13 hours including transit
GMT +5 hours
Not required for UK passport holders
Yellow fever if arriving from endemic area
Best time to travel
November - April
The best time to travel to the Maldives is during our winter months when the humidity is lower and the temperature more comfortable. However, the monsoon season of May to September should not be discounted for travel as the resorts have fantastic offers on accommodation. The heavier showers tend to occur in the mornings or the late afternoons; a perfect time to visit the spa.