Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Why we like it
- Located on a one kilometre stretch of powdery white sand on the east coast on the island
- The Sanctuary Spa is the perfect place to relax, the beauty and hair care has been designed by the prestigious French brand CARITA
- Children aged three to 12 years can experience a range of activities at the complimentary Planters Kids' Club
- Three restaurants celebrate the island produce with a diverse mix of dishes from around the world
- Facilities include a vast array of complimentary water sports, three floodlit tennis courts, fitness centre and at an additional cost: deep sea fishing, catamaran cruise, undersea walk, horse riding, tennis lessons & Scuba diving
Perfect for an afternoon treat the Gourmet Kiosque serves delicious sweet snacks such as waffles, pancakes and an assortment of ice creams.
Thank you for your voicemail; it's so nice of you to follow up to see how our holiday was. We had an amazing time. Thanks again for an absolutely wonderful trip.
- BW, London
With a perfect combination of bygone charm, contemporary luxury and a reputation for impeccable service, The Residence exudes an atmosphere of grace and sophistication. Beach butlers are on hand to clean your sunglasses, ensure you have plenty of towels or bring you a fresh juice to quench your thirst. When the heat of the day gets too much, head to the Sanctuary Spa, a temple of relaxation hidden beneath the hotel. In the evening stroll across to the secluded Plantation restaurant. Sit on the colonial veranda overlooking the Indian Ocean and sample such delights as fresh prawns, Creole-style snapper and delicious guava ice-cream.
163 Colonial Garden View, Ocean View or Ocean Front Rooms and Suites are spacious and attractively furnished with dark woods and cooling shades of white and beige. All feature a small living area, en suite bathroom with separate bathtub and shower, private terrace or balcony, flat-screen television, DVD player and internet connection. All rooms and suites come with a butler who will look after your every need including unpacking your luggage. Our favourite rooms for families are the Garden View Senior Suites, where you can shut the door between bedroom and living area. These suites can accommodate two adults and two children and have an outdoor terrace complete with sun loungers, representing the ultimate in expansive indulgence.
11 hours 40 minutes
GMT +4 hours
Not required for UK passport holders
Yellow fever if arriving from endemic area
Best time to travel
May - December
Mauritius experiences a hot and humid summer from December to April and cooler, drier conditions from May to November. Under the influence of the prevailing south-easterly winds, the east coast is slightly cooler and wetter than the west. The winds can bring a welcome relief to the east coast in the hottest summer months but are more blustery here in July and August. The cyclone season lasts from December to March. Although a direct hit is rare, cyclones far out at sea can bring some days of squally rain.