Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Why we like it
- All rooms and suites have private outdoor spaces
- One&Only Palmilla rests on the tip of the Baja Peninsula, once a retreat for the likes of Hemmingway and Harlow, and where azure ocean greets mountainous, desert terrain
- Dining options span three different restaurants and a host of private dining suggestions. We recommend a moonlit dinner at Agua
- The One&Only Spa offers an expansive programme of ancient healing techniques combined with cutting-edge therapies
- Perched high on a bluff, the main pool gives new meaning to 'infinity-edge', its waters seemingly falling into the sea below. A second infinity pool overlooking the beach is for adults only and has a swim up bar
- Other facilities include gardens and terraces, bars and lounges, water sports, tennis, golf, a private yacht and a variety of excursions
- At the KidsOnly Club options range from piñata-making classes to football matches or just enjoying the children's pool
- We recommend the Patio Junior Suite, mainly for the magnificent views of the Sea of Cortez from the day bed on the large beachfront patio.
Between December and April you may spot gray whales spouting in the distance. We took a trip in the hotel's luxury yacht to get a closer look. An unforgettable experience.
.Melissa is a first-rate Travel Consultant, and the relationship and trust that she has built with us is truly cherished.
- GF, Bedfordshire
The resort and rooms or 'casas' reflect the style of old México with red-tiled roofs, whitewashed walls and burbling fountains, which perfectly compliment the modern touches evident in the restaurants, bars and spa.
Beneath those red-tiles roofs, nearly 200 well-equipped guestrooms perch over the beach in one or three-storey buildings, all with balconies affording beach and ocean views. Inside, the rooms are beautifully appointed. Sharp and tasteful in every detail, they are wonderfully spacious and decorated with an array of handcrafted Mexican furnishings, whilst neutral décor and stylish furniture complete the elegant look.
Best time to be there
October to April as the rainy season works its way up from the south beginning in May and running until September. Hurricanes may occur from July to October. December to February are the coolest months, when northerly winds can sometimes take inland northern Mexico temperatures down to freezing.
Mexico City Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun (onward connections to the coast)
12 hours (plus one hour for onward connections)
GMT -6 hours
Not required for UK passport holders
No mandatory vaccinations required
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Mexico
Nights: 7 | from £3,985pp
An activity-filled family trip into the heart of Mexico where you’ll discover what zip lining through the jungle is like and to cook Mayan cuisine.
Miami and Western Caribbean discovery Ft. Celebrity Cruise
Nights: 11 | from £3,480pp
Immerse yourself in the big city thrills of Miami with hotel stays before or after this Caribbean cruise, where you can explore the world of ancient Mayan tribes in Mexico and swim with stingrays in Grand Cayman.
Food, Wine , Tequila with Punta Mita
Nights: 11 | from £6,160pp
This top level, exclusive, wine and food tour appeals to all types and takes you to amazing areas including bustling Mexico City, the beauty of San Miguel de Allende, historic Tequila and the tranquil Pacific Coast.
Nights: 13 | from £5,980pp
A fascinating cultural tour of Mexico showcasing its history, architecture, archaeology, craftworks and cuisine, which affords an extra layer of insight when you meet and dine with local families.
Nights: 13 | from £4,960pp
Mexico's past and present collide in this heady mix of city life, ancient Mayan treasures, tropical jungles, colonial cities and stunning Caribbean beaches. Our most extensive Mexico itinerary showcases the true diversity of this vibrant country.
Nights: 9 | from £3,875pp
Visit Mexico's rich artisanal culture and its colonial roots, giving you the opportunity to meet artists in their studios and to visit small villages.
Highlights of Mexico
Nights: 7 | from £2,220pp
Ancient Mayans, modern Mexico City and powdery white sand and turquoise beaches, say ¡Hola! to Mexico for an enchanting 8 day adventure.
Canyons and Coast
Nights: 15 | from £5,755pp
Head off the beaten track to Mexico's northern deserts and dramatic canyon landscapes. Lodgings are much more basic in this region but the panoramas and wildlife encounters will reward the intrepid traveller.