Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
Why we like it
- All guest rooms have furnished terraces or balconies
- The Four Seasons Punta Mita enjoys a privileged setting amidst white beaches, blue waters and picturesque mountains on México's celebrated Pacific coast
- Four restaurants offer a choice of regional Mexican cuisine, a range of seafood and international favourites
- The Apuane Spa offers a wide range of innovative treatments, including Hakali massage using the hydrating 'nopal' or cactus plant, and the Punta Mita massage, which uses indigenous sage oil and tequila
- A free-form infinity-edge pool affords striking views of the Pacific Ocean and Riviera Nayarit
- Other facilities include bars, tennis courts, a fitness centre, a yacht charter service and a challenging Jack Nicklaus golf course, as well as endless activities to suit all tastes
- Children's facilities include the Kids for All Seasons programme, which offers activities including Mexican painting, 'piñata' making and shell collecting
- We recommend the one-of-a-kind private residences grouped on the hillside and at the shore - all with ocean views
In season, the area is graced with the presence of migrating whales, which launch themselves from waters they share with dolphins and turtles. It's an amazing sight.
I would just like to add that the help / service we received from Melissa Hookway was oustanding. It was very personal and I was made to felt like a valued client.
- AC, Cheshire
Perched along the warm Pacific coast or nestled among 10 rolling hectares of lush tropical grounds, the 173 guest rooms (including 32 suites) at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita are set in tile-roofed Mexican-style casitas. The rooms all face the ocean and offer breathtaking views of white-sand beaches, the glittering waters of Bahía de Banderas or the mountains that surround Punta Mita and Sayulita.
In the style of chic Mexican beach homes, each guest room offers simple, sumptuous décor and opens to a furnished terrace or balcony. All feature plasma televisions, famously restful Four Seasons beds, large closets and an in-room safe. Spacious bathrooms feature a deep soaking tub and a separate glass-enclosed shower.
Best time to be there
October to April as the rainy season works its way up from the south beginning in May and running until September. Hurricanes may occur from July to October. December to February are the coolest months, when northerly winds can sometimes take inland northern Mexico temperatures down to freezing.
Mexico City Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun (onward connections to the coast)
12 hours (plus one hour for onward connections)
GMT -6 hours
Not required for UK passport holders
No mandatory vaccinations required
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Mexico
Nights: 7 | from £3,450pp
An activity-filled family trip into the heart of Mexico where you’ll discover what zip lining through the jungle is like and to cook Mayan cuisine.
Miami and Western Caribbean discovery Ft. Celebrity Cruise
Nights: 11 | from £3,480pp
Immerse yourself in the big city thrills of Miami with hotel stays before or after this Caribbean cruise, where you can explore the world of ancient Mayan tribes in Mexico and swim with stingrays in Grand Cayman.
Food, Wine , Tequila with Punta Mita
Nights: 11 | from £7,220pp
This top level, exclusive, wine and food tour appeals to all types and takes you to amazing areas including bustling Mexico City, the beauty of San Miguel de Allende, historic Tequila and the tranquil Pacific Coast.
Nights: 13 | from £5,925pp
A fascinating cultural tour of Mexico showcasing its history, architecture, archaeology, craftworks and cuisine, which affords an extra layer of insight when you meet and dine with local families.
Nights: 13 | from £5,535pp
Mexico's past and present collide in this heady mix of city life, ancient Mayan treasures, tropical jungles, colonial cities and stunning Caribbean beaches. Our most extensive Mexico itinerary showcases the true diversity of this vibrant country.
Nights: 9 | from £4,130pp
Visit Mexico's rich artisanal culture and its colonial roots, giving you the opportunity to meet artists in their studios and to visit small villages.
Highlights of Mexico
Nights: 7 | from £2,220pp
Ancient Mayans, modern Mexico City and powdery white sand and turquoise beaches, say ¡Hola! to Mexico for an enchanting 8 day adventure.
Canyons and Coast
Nights: 15 | from £6,260pp
Head off the beaten track to Mexico's northern deserts and dramatic canyon landscapes. Lodgings are much more basic in this region but the panoramas and wildlife encounters will reward the intrepid traveller.