Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Kasbah du Toubkal
Why we like it
- The Kasbah is perched on a rock outcrop just above the main village of Imlil, giving the luxury of superb panoramic views of the mountains, valleys and waterfalls. It is reached by a short walk (of approx 15 min) or mule ride
- The Kasbah is a restored ancient Berber Fortress and now transformed into a rustic mountain retreat
- The Kasbah is ideal for people looking to explore the region and who enjoy getting their walking boots on!
- Has been voted one of the world's best Ecolodges due to its venture with the local community. The Kasbah is run through the local Berber community providing you with the best service and hospitality
- A variety of treks are offered in the surrounding national park and mountains, catering for all levels of fitness and also for different durations
- We recommend rooms with a terrace or balcony to fully enjoy the stunning views
Pay a visit to a local berber family and house to take part in a traditional tea ceremony.
Dont change the service. It is very good , in all aspects. Thank you for a great holiday yet again.
- RB, North Yorkshire
Explore the village, nearby hamlets and the surrounding mountain landscape, on foot or by mule, or just put your feet up and relax on the terrace or in the hammam (steam bath). The Kasbah is particularly suitable for groups and families.
Best time to be there
Morocco is warm and sunny year round. The best time to visit is mid-February to June and September to December. Coastal Morocco is cooled by sea breezes. The peaks of the Atlas Mountains are snow-capped for most of the year.
Marrakech (BA, Royal Air Maroc, Easyjet); Agadir (Easyjet); Casablanca (Royal Air Maroc and Air Arabia); Tangiers (Royal Air Maroc & Air Arabia); Essaouira (Easyjet); Fes (Ryanair)
3 hrs 15 mins - 4 hrs 20 mins
Not required for UK passport holders
No mandatory vaccinations required
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Morocco
Marrakech City Break
Nights: 3 | from £415pp
This 3 night escape to the sun and souks of Marrakech includes exploring the photogenic Djemaa-el Fna Square and a trip to the snow-capped Atlas Mountains.
Family North African Adventure
Nights: 9 | from £2,995pp
A fantastic Moroccan experience that encompasses desert, mountains and cities, offering a brilliant blend of culture, entertainment and outdoor adventure making it perfect for families.
Luxury Small Group Journeys - Splendours of Morocco
Nights: 11 | from £4,925pp
Delve into Morocco, from its historic cities to its mysterious desert, staying in the A&K Exclusive Desert Tented Camp by the Erg Chebbi dunes and spending three nights in Marrakech.
Africa: Across a Continent by Private Jet
Nights: 20 | from £64,999pp
Experience the highlights of Africa on one amazing journey. Africa Revealed: A Journey by Private Jet takes you to seven countries in 21 days, revealing Africa's wildlife, culture and history at their most authentic. Travel in style on board our chartered Boeing 757, equipped with first-class, fully lie-flat seats.
Highlights of Morocco
Nights: 7 | from £1,295pp
Immerse yourself in the history and exotic atmosphere of Marrakech before heading to the beautiful Atlas Mountains for some relaxation and mountain air. Then head to the attractive and historic coastal town of Essaouira.
Morocco in Style
Nights: 9 | from £3,250pp
Begin with Morocco’s biggest city, Casablanca, take a tour of the historic imperial city of Fes, ramble over Roman ruins, spend a peaceful night under the Sahara desert skies, and absorb the exotic atmosphere of Marrakech.
Nights: 7 | from £2,295pp
Spend seven nights meandering the souks, bazaars and medinas of Morocco’s most intoxicating cities before heading up into the Atlas Mountains for a hit of fresh air.