NEED TO KNOW
- Riad Fès, a member of Relais & Châteaux, is located in the heart of the ancient city of Fez with spectacular views of the Medina and the Atlas Mountains
- The rooms and suites are spacious and decorated in traditional style
- A selection of Moroccan cuisine with an original Riad Fès twist is served in one of the dining rooms or on the roof terrace
- The hotel's traditional Hammam offers a range of relaxing treatments and tonic massages
- A stunning emerald-green pool is set in a patio of colonnades, subtle marbles and bright arches
- Other facilities include lounges and bars, a boutique, a library and, nearby, a spectacular golf course
- We recommend the Deluxe rooms with their views of the Andalous or Baroque Pavilions
Staying at Riad Fès feels like taking a step back in time. The building beautifully recreates the splendour of the Fassi nobility, with Moorish architecture that recalls the prestigious history and complex culture of this Imperial city. Everywhere you look, gloriously detailed, grand details abound - from soaring arches studded with intricate carvings to colonnades and patios created using traditional techniques and materials.
Inside, the décor is equally impressive, giving the Riad Fès a palatial feel. The rooms continue the traditional theme, although modern touches aplenty create a real comfort and warm amidst the grandeur. In terms of design, the rooms follow a number of themes - from the 'Moroccan' style with traditional furnishings, zellige floors and Moroccan fabrics, to the 'Baraco-andalous' style with its grey tadelakt walls, black zellige and its Blanc de Carrare marble bathrooms.
This hotel is genuinely sensational, and an ideal base from which to explore the rich culture and fine gastronomy of Fez, which is now a 'Millennium Museum'.
The three different patios ensure for a different view of this Imperial city at every turn. A grand piano under a Fassi lamp in one, an Alhambra inspired one with the pool and the Baroque one characterised by black zelliges blended with a veined marble.