Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Why we like it
- Azura Benguerra has 18 private villas each with their own plunge or infinity pool
- Built and operated in partnership with the local community
- Unsurpassed levels of cuisine and service
- Mozambican butler/hosts to look after you during your stay
- A unique African Spa with the signature treatments combining the traditions and local ingredients of Mozambique
- Activities on offer are fly fishing, snorkelling, diving, drives round the island, picnic lunches on the beach and climb the sand dunes with stunning views over the Archipelago
- Azura has all the 21st century luxury facilities on a Robinson Crusoe style island
Sail on the 40 foot traditional dhow as the sun goes down, the perfect way to end the day on this beautiful island.
Robin Spanner caused me to tell all my friends that if they ever consider going to Africa they would be crazy if they don't use Abercrombie and Kent. Robin made the experience of booking fun and easy and you have an extremely capable employee in him.
- GB, London
With just 18 villas, each with their own pool and designed for the ultimate in pampering and privacy. Each of the beach side villas blend modern chic with all that is traditional in Mozambique, beautifully carved beams and traditional artwork sit beneath a local thatched jekka roof.
There are five different types of villas, three beach villas and three luxury beach villas each with a private plunge pool. There are 10 infinity beach pool villas and these are beautifully appointed and very spacious and all come with an infinity pool. Villa Amizade is the 2 bedroom villa perfect for a family or two couples wanting to share. For complete and unrivalled luxury there is the presidential villa located 150 metres away from the main area and has three bedrooms and is the ultimate beach house.
There is plenty to do at Azura Benguerra, fly fishing, snorkelling, diving, or perhaps go out with the dugong protection team, searching for this shy endangered mammal. For a more relaxing experience enjoy a massage in the treatment room located on the beach, with the sea breeze in the air this is the perfect way to relax. There is a five star PADI dive centre.
Vilanculos or Pemba
14 hours 30 minutes via Johannesburg or via Dar Es Salam
GMT +2 hours
Required for UK passport holders and must be obtained prior to arrival via the embassy or visa service company.
No mandatory vaccinations
Best time to travel
June - August
The best time to travel to Mozambique is between June and August, rainfall is low and temperatures warm in the low to mid twenties. The rainy season runs from November through until March.