Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort & Spa
Why we like it
- Located on Bazaruto Island which lies just 30kms off the coast of Vilanculos
- One of the largest conservation areas in the Indian Ocean
- Elegantly classic in style boasting 44 beach, sea view and pool villas
- Activities on offer are snorkelling, diving, horse-riding, island drives, fishing, bird watching, volley ball, quolf and a fully equipped gymnasium
- Anantara Spa with five treatment rooms, ice and hydrotherapy pools
- Excellent choice for families looking for an island in Mozambique with more facilities and activities
Enjoy a cocktail at the bar while watching the sunset over the Indian ocean followed by a slow walk along the beach were your private dinner table awaits you, enjoy a feast of the freshest seafood in the most perfect location.
Robin Spanner caused me to tell all my friends that if they ever consider going to Africa they would be crazy if they don't use Abercrombie and Kent. Robin made the experience of booking fun and easy and you have an extremely capable employee in him.
- GB, London
The accommodation is beautifully constructed from natural materials such as reed, thatch and wood to blend harmoniously with the surroundings. The Deluxe Sea View Pool villas are the ideal choice for families with two bedrooms.
The main area of the resort consists of dining and bar areas, two swimming pools one with a wet bar, a state of the art dive pool, the activity centre where all the water sports and land activities can be arranged and comfortable seating areas where one can relax and take in the views of the Indian Ocean. The Golfinho Restaurant specialises in seafood cuisine.
Vilanculos or Pemba
14 hours 30 minutes via Johannesburg or via Dar Es Salam
GMT +2 hours
Required for UK passport holders and must be obtained prior to arrival via the embassy or visa service company.
No mandatory vaccinations
Best time to travel
June - August
The best time to travel to Mozambique is between June and August, rainfall is low and temperatures warm in the low to mid twenties. The rainy season runs from November through until March.