Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Why we like it
- Ocean front of more than 2km of beach
- Just nine seafront villas
- Activities: deep sea fishing expeditions, snorkelling and swimming with dolphins, kayaking, scuba diving, horse riding, walking and massage treatments
- Home to one of the richest turtle nesting sites in southern Mozambique. Between November and February each year, loggerhead and leatherback turtles head to this stretch of coast to lay their eggs
- Perfect for couples, honeymooners and anyone looking for a total escape. Children of all ages welcome
Where you eat is as important as what you eat, spoil yourself with the finest fresh sea food Mozambique has to offer on an idyllic private beach with the amazing African stars shining down on you.
I have to say, Robin Spanner has been nothing short of fantastic throughout the entire booking process. I had numerous questions, as well as changing the itinerary a number of times. Every single item was not only responded to very promptly, but was also responded to thoughtfully and thoroughly
- GB, London
Uniquely at Azura Quilalea, guests can control their own energy consumption through bare minimum requirements for the room, such as basic lighting and fan, or Luxe providing all mod cons including air conditioning. The water temperature is warm year round and ranges from 28 - 32 degrees +. Children welcome of all ages. Children may be asked to dine earlier depending on the guests staying on the island.
Vilanculos or Pemba
14 hours 30 minutes via Johannesburg or via Dar Es Salam
GMT +2 hours
Required for UK passport holders and must be obtained prior to arrival via the embassy or visa service company.
No mandatory vaccinations
Best time to travel
June - August
The best time to travel to Mozambique is between June and August, rainfall is low and temperatures warm in the low to mid twenties. The rainy season runs from November through until March.