Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Kirkenes Snow Hotel, Kirkenes
Why we like it
- Located "at the top of the world", The Snow Hotel resides in the Arctic town of Kirkenes neighbouring the Barents sea, close to the Russian border.
- Built exclusively with ice and snow, the hotel is skilfully crafted each winter and opens for stays from mid-December.
- This experience hotel makes use of the insulating properties of snow. When it is -30 degrees outside it will still be relative warm inside the snowhotel, at a stable -5 degrees.
- Head to Norway's largest ice bar to sample the renowned ice-cold crowberry shots on offer, locally known as Rudolf's Revenge.
- Built by the same artists who create the Lainio Snow Village in Finland.
Order a Northern Lights wake-up call before going to bed, to ensure that you do not miss out should nature perform.
I wish to thank you for your superb organization of a wonderful holiday especially as catering for numerous requests and changes must have been very difficult. My confidence in you was not misplaced. You (NIcola Wallington) are a huge asset to Abercrombie & Kent, and I would be grateful if you confer my sentiments to your superiors.
- CE, Switzerland
Suggested itineraries in Norway
The Voyage South
Nights: 5 | from £1,110pp
This 5 night trip to Norway's coastline's will take you from Norway's easternmost port and cruise down to Bergen.
Arctic Cruise Adventure: Norway, Greenland & Iceland
Nights: 14 | from £10,970pp
Join A&K's seasoned expedition team for an enriching experience like no other to the islands of the High Arctic Svalbard archipelago in Norway, less than 600 miles from the geographic North Pole.
Nights: 6 | from £2,100pp
Experience the world's deepest and longest fjord by sail boat on this 6 night adventure to Norway as well as hiking nature trails and exploring Oslo and Bergen.
The Voyage North
Nights: 6 | from £1,195pp
A 7 day sailing adventure along the iconic Norwegian coastline, taking in its sheltered waters and the dramatic polar north.