Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Al Husn Shangri-La's Barr Al Jissah Resort
Why we like it
- The Al Husn is at the heart of the Shangri-La's Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa
- All rooms and suites have direct views of the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Oman
- Al Husn does not cater for children under the age of 18 years
- Dining options include Sultanah, a stylish restaurant with a luxury cruise theme, and Shahrazad, the only authentic Moroccan restaurant in Muscat
- CHI, The Spa, is the largest and most luxuriously appointed spa in the Sultanate of Oman
- We recommend the Deluxe Sea view rooms with their direct views of the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Oman
Exclusive to A&K clients
- A complimentary couples treatment in CHI, The Spa for stays of five nights or more
- Room upgrade at check-in, subject to availability
- Welcome cocktail upon arrival and personalised welcome note from General Manager
- Two complimentary items of laundry a day
*Terms and conditions apply, speak to a travel consultant for more information
We particularly appreciated the friendly staff, who got the professional/casual balance just right; the magnificent breakfast spread; the wafts of frankincense; the sunsets; the sheer relaxation provided by the spa; the library; the open fire; the gym that made room for breakfast and, not least, the alcohol licence!
- JD, London
Set around a central courtyard with palms and fountains, its 170 rooms and suites are among the largest and most luxurious in Oman, with a warm décor inspired by royal Arabian palaces and accented by authentic Omani artworks. All offer direct views of the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Oman, with some enjoying a panorama of the resort and the surrounding coastline.
The resort has three expansive, cooled swimming pools and a lazy river. Other facilities include a health club, tennis courts and a water sports centre.
Best time to be there
Oman's climate differs from one area to another. It is hot and humid in the coastal areas in the summer between May and August, while it is hot and dry in the interior with the exception of the higher mountains, which enjoy a moderate climate round the year. The climate is best from September through to April.
Muscat (British Airways - daily: Oman Air - daily)
7 hrs 50 minutes direct
GMT +4 hours
Required - obtainable in advance or on arrival
No mandatory vaccinations
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Oman
Highlights of Oman
Nights: 5 | from £1,495pp
Visit mystical Muscat and learn about its history, explore the rustic villages of the Jebel Shams Mountain range and adventure into the red dunes of the Wahiba wilderness with this itinerary.
Nights: 7 | from £2,295pp
Oman’s interior undulates with velvety dunes, serrated peaks and terraced orchards, with the sparkling coast to the east and a fertile region in the south that benefit from seasonal rains. Eight days offers an impressive introduction.
Family Omani Arabia
Nights: 9 | from £3,590pp
A fabulous 9 night family getaway with a difference exploring Oman's rich culture and wildlife where you'll search for dolphins, go dune bashing and visit turtles