Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Grand Hyatt Muscat
Why we like it
- The Grand Hyatt is situated on a pristine stretch of beach with rooms boasting spacious balconies with Hajar mountain, city or garden views
- Tuscany restaurant, serving Italian cuisine, is considered one of the best in Muscat. Mohka Cafe, Marjan Indonesian Restaurant and a rooftop grillhouse complete the dining options
- The hotel has a steam room whilst professional massage, body and facial treatments are also available
- Heated swimming pool and lazy river, and direct access to the beautiful beach of Shatti Al Qurm
- Other facilities include the Club Olympus fitness centre, floodlit tennis and squash courts
- The Camp Hyatt Kids Club is open to guests aged five to 12, free of charge
- We recommend the Grand Executive Suites for families
Seated under the silk-draped tents in the opulent lobby, Sirj Tea Lounge offers specialty teas, Arabian coffee and an array of light dishes. Seasonal specialties include an array of homemade ice-creams in the summer, along with a year round selection of fresh fruit juices.
Zahara Tours took care of us extremely well. Our guide, Haithem, was always utterly professional and we had complete faith in him. I really don’t think we could half seen half the things we did in the same time if we were arranging everything ourselves.
- JD, London
The rooms too display Arabian influences, but in a chic, stripped down style which leans heavily on muted, natural colours, brilliant whites and carefully chosen contemporary furnishings. Room amenities include deluxe linens, marble bathrooms with soaking tub, walk-in shower, and internet access.
The pick of the public areas is the split-level lounge and terrace on the superb Grand Club floor, which is the ideal spot for a leisurely breakfast.
Best time to be there
Oman's climate differs from one area to another. It is hot and humid in the coastal areas in the summer between May and August, while it is hot and dry in the interior with the exception of the higher mountains, which enjoy a moderate climate round the year. The climate is best from September through to April.
Muscat (British Airways - daily: Oman Air - daily)
7 hrs 50 minutes direct
GMT +4 hours
Required - obtainable in advance or on arrival
No mandatory vaccinations
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Oman
Highlights of Oman
Nights: 5 | from £1,495pp
Visit mystical Muscat and learn about its history, explore the rustic villages of the Jebel Shams Mountain range and adventure into the red dunes of the Wahiba wilderness with this itinerary.
Nights: 7 | from £2,295pp
Oman’s interior undulates with velvety dunes, serrated peaks and terraced orchards, with the sparkling coast to the east and a fertile region in the south that benefit from seasonal rains. Eight days offers an impressive introduction.
Family Omani Arabia
Nights: 9 | from £3,590pp
A fabulous 9 night family getaway with a difference exploring Oman's rich culture and wildlife where you'll search for dolphins, go dune bashing and visit turtles