Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Why we like it
- Lima's first arts-boutique hotel, renovated from a colonial mansion and reflecting the glamour of the 1920s.
- Ideally located in the heart of a bohemian revival neighbourhood, housing a unique collection of its own.
- Aims to offer a feeling of restored 'Grand Dame' integrating vintage and designer furniture with soft colours, grand windows and tall ceilings.
- The Living Room, Library and Terrace offer the calm space that is so often essential, yet missing, in city centre hotels.
- Enjoy a traditional 'lonche' in the evening in El Comedor Restaurant. El 'lonche' developed in the early republican days. Society would gather at the end of the day to play, drink and converse while exchanging their secret recipes. The gathering became important within the political, social and culinary circles; the excuse was to enjoy exquisite nibbles. A variety of fresh herbs and infusions, coffee or hot chocolate served with open sandwiches, fresh fruit cuts and typical Lima biscuits.
As oasis of calm in a bustling city that we all tend to just 'pass' through. Hotel B represents an ideal place for those looking to explore Lima a bit more. You can walk and explore the history, art, culture and cuisine of this fascinating city whilst also being only a few blocks from both the Pacific Ocean and Miraflores District.
A&K will be our tour company for every future journey; we have no doubt of that. Our experience overall has sold us on A&K.
- Lisa Lewis
Located in the heart of Barranco, Lima's bohemian art district, and surrounded by galleries and fashion boutiques, is one of Lima's newest and most elegant hotels, Hotel B. Branching away from the usual high-rise 'business' hotel on offer in Lima, Hotel B is a very welcome new style of hotel in the city aiming to cater for clientele wanting luxury and excellent service whilst also gaining an insight into both Lima's past opulence and up-and-coming future. Originally designed by the French architect Claude Sahut (designer of Lima's Government Palace), this pristine example of a Belle Epoque mansion has been lovingly brought back to life 'with a cheeky twist' of designer furniture, to proudly offer 17 suites, El Comedor Restaurant, living room and a library housing a fine collection of Peruvian maps, prints and books. A highlight is the roof-top lounge serving excellent evening cocktails and views over the roof-tops to the Pacific Ocean.
Best time to be there
Being such a geographically diverse country the weather in Peru is determined both by altitude and season. May to October is the best time to travel although the Amazon area is hot and humid throughout the year.
Lima - LAN Airlines, daily via Madrid
GMT -5 hours
Not required for UK passport holders
Yellow fever certificate required if arriving from an infected area.
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Peru
Nights: 14 | from £5,945pp
Get active the Inca way. Discover the wildlife-rich Amazon Basin and trek through little-visited rural villages on the stunning Salkantay Trail.
Nights: 10 | from £3,630pp
Enjoy the splendours of northern Peru’s history, culture and wildlife on this exciting 10 day adventure through Lima, Chiclayo, Kuelap, Cajamarca, and more.
Luxury Small Group Journeys - Peru: Machu Picchu and Sacred Valley
Nights: 8 | from £5,375pp
An 8 night adventure into the heart of Peru, this tour explores Peru's pre-Columbian culture, rich musical traditions and the impressive Machu Picchu.
Highlights of Peru
Nights: 7 | from £3,320pp
The Land of the Incas welcomes you and shows you its greatest ancient and historic treasures on this 8 day adventure that will leave you wanting to return and get under the skin of this diverse country.
Nights: 12 | from £4,420pp
A magical 12 night tour discovering Peru's ancient culture and colours from the magnificent Lost Citadel of Machu Picchu to the iconic Lake Titicaca.
Nights: 12 | from £5,795pp
An exhilarating 12 night family adventure through Peru exploring the salt flats of Maras, walking through the Amazon rainforest and visiting Macchu Picchu.
Discover Peru & Galapagos
Nights: 14 | from £7,095pp
Perfect itinerary for first-time visitors to uncover the glories of Latin America. Experience the dramatic Andean scenery surrounding Peru's spectacular Machu Picchu, before heading to the Galapagos Islands for one of the world's most fascinating wildlife encounters.
Nights: 9 | from £4,120pp
Machu Picchu is THE bucket list sight. The ‘lost city’, hidden in the Andes, is swirled in mist and mystery – the stuff of travel legend. But with a ten days in Peru you can see far more, including a wealth of other incredible Incan sites plus the wilds of the Peruvian Amazon, one of the planet’s wildest, richest spots.