SRI LANKA HOLIDAYS 2013, 2014
• Climb Sigiriya Rock, a UNESCO world heritage site • Experience a stay in a colonial-style tea planters bungalow • Explore Galle Fort Read more ...
• Visit the Temple of the Tooth & colourful markets in Kandy • Travel by train through the scenic tea plantations • Enjoy the palm-fringed golden beaches around Wadduwa Read more ...
• Visit the Dambulla Cave Temples
Read more ...
Best time to be there
During our winter months, when the humidity is lower and the temperature more comfortable for sightseeing and exploration. However, the monsoon season of May to September should not be discounted for travel as the whole of Sri Lanka is bursting into lush greenery due to the rainfall showing you a side of this island not everyone sees.
Colombo (Sri Lankan Airlines daily)
10 hours non-stop
GMT +6 hours
Required for British Nationals from 1st January 2012.
Yellow fever if arriving from endemic area
to speak to a travel consultant
CLASSIC SRI LANKA
15 DAYS FROM £2,795
* Climb Sigiriya Rock, a UNESCO world heritage site
* Go leopard spotting in Yala National Park
* Explore the Galle Fort
HIGHLIGHTS OF SRI LANKA
9 DAYS FROM £1,650
* Explore the ancient city of Polonnaruwa
* Visit Kandy's colourful markets
* Enjoy a stay on the picturesque beaches of Bentota
TEMPLES, TEA & TROPICAL BEACHES
10 DAYS FROM £2,380
* Visit the Temple of the Tooth in Kandy
* Travel by train through the tea plantations
* Enjoy the palm-fringed beaches of Wadduwa
SRI LANKA & THE MALDIVES
16 DAYS FROM £3,450
* Visit the UNESCO world heritage site of Polonnaruwa
* Stay in a luxury tea planters's bungalow
* Spend five nights on a Maldivian island
SRI LANKA WITH A&KWhat do sooty shearwater, spot-billed pelican and masked boobies have in common? They're graceful proof that if you have a passion, we'll do our best to make your travel relevant and stimulating. Our very best. Ask our guests who recently returned from Sri Lankan having mentioned an interest in ornithology. We arranged the perfect, knowledgeable and sharp-eyed driver guide, who helped them identify over 90 types of birds - nearly a quarter of the island's species. They were so impressed; they immediately purchased the same bird-watching bible he used himself.
He's just one of the seriously professional guides, lecturers and naturalists who bring the big, beautiful teardrop of Sri Lanka to life. They're part of the newest team in A&K's global network, based in Colombo with highly experienced, superbly connected, multi-lingual staff on call 24/7. As well as ensuring your holiday flows smoothly, with seamless travel to neighbouring India and the Maldives, they organise unique, one-off experiences from gourmet cooking lessons using island spices to al fresco candlelit suppers overlooking lush plantations, and a day working with orphaned elephants.
Suggested Sri Lanka Accommodation Offers
Amanwella is situated amidst a mature coconut grove fronting a crescent shaped beach near the village of Tangalle. All 30 suites of this beachfront resort feature their own private swimming pool and terrace...
Tea Trails consists of twenty exquisite rooms & suites in four luxurious bungalows, boasting spectacular locations, butler service & fine cuisine. Each bungalow is unique - featuring...
Vil Uyana is a haven for those who wish to escape to nature and indulge in pampering themselves in luxurious comfort.
to speak to a travel consultant
Jessica Andrews was amazing - can't praise her highly enough. Was absolutely delighted with everything from start to finish. Thank you!!
- AF, Portimao
Madrasati ('My School')
Is an innovative grassroots project to rehabilitate schools and improve their learning environment; we have adopted Balquees School in Amman.
Sundowner – A&K’s Luxury Travel Magazine
Let our travel experts inspire you for your next adventure. Our Sundowner Magazine is packed full of experiences, ideas, travel tips and more. View a copy online or to order one to be delivered to your door three times a year, click here.
In this edition - Discover Greece’s Peloponnese, join our Latin America Product Manager on a visual journey through Cuba, explore Japan and much more.