Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa
Why we like it
- The resort lies nestled in a verdant oasis in one of Arabia's largest nature reserves - home to gazelle, oryx, numerous species of birds, and some of Arabia's most impressive dune and desert landscapes
- Every 'tent' has its own private, temperature controlled swimming pool and deck
- Dining options include the signature Al Diwaan Restaurant, alfresco on the veranda with breathtaking views of the reserve, or in the privacy of your suite
- Timeless Spa incorporates a suite of single or double treatment rooms, a sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi, and also offers yoga classes in the mornings
- A selection of two complimentary activities a day. Choose between wildlife drives, horse riding, nature walks, desert safaris, falconry and archery with traditional wooden bows
- The hotel welcomes children over the age of 12
The private deck provides a secluded area for relaxing time alone or as an intimate spot for a personalised dining experience.
My travel consultant, Sarah Brunger, was very polite to talk to over the phone and I felt as though she asked all the right questions. She was very kind and presented me with a number of options to choose from and even after I had made a choice, was very accommodating with the specific changes I was requesting.
- NP, London
Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa is secreted amongst 86 square miles of sand dunes and desert plain, with the Hajar Mountain providing a dramatic backdrop. Built in the style of an ancient Bedouin settlement, with the neutral toned 'tents' shading individual suites, this secluded, internationally-awarded hideaway resort is redolent with the history of the region.
Graceful interiors are scattered with regional antiques and artefacts. Each private swimming pool spills out into a never ending vista of dramatic desert and mountain views.
This sanctuary in the sands offers tented style suites featuring Arabian antiques and handcrafted furniture and are themed red for sand, blue for sky or green for oasis. Luxuriate in the sitting area of your Bedouin Suite looking out onto a temperature-controlled swimming pool surrounded by wooden deck, with views of the desert panorama. If you are looking for the most spacious accommodation, then consider one of the Royal Suites with its large lounge and pool or one of the lavish Emirates Suites with its spacious courtyard and quarters for guests' private staff. For our definition of the ultimate luxury stay in the three bedroom Presidential Suite.