Position: Business Analyst
Reports to: Director of IT
Coordinate user requirements and system specifications for in-house projects working closely with colleagues and third-party partners across a range of travel reservations, online, and other supporting systems. Assist in all project phases and tasks including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation/support. Position will work regularly with departmental single points of contacts and management levels and will be proficient in collating business, process and systems requirements.
- Definition and development of new process requirements (‘as-is’ versus ‘to-be’) and the translation of these into business and functional requirements.
- Support in-house and external teams during application development, testing, implementation and lead efforts to ensure the application meets the agreed requirements as defined.
- Participate in application design sessions.
- Analyse business requirements and/or current reporting data for problem solving and best practice implementation.
- Participate in development of user interface design.
- Develop and maintain process and application documentation and standards.
- Apply a high standard of customer service when interacting with all levels of staff, both internally and externally.
- Assist with other special projects or related duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical abilities, as evidenced by solid experience as a Business Analyst or an appropriate qualification.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience leading workshops, surveys, task analysis and consolidating, interpreting, and evaluating the information gathered.
- Experience translating business requirements into use cases, activity diagrams and basic functional specifications to define the scope and requirements for development projects.
- Ability to clearly document and communicate business concepts and validate solutions with internal clients ensuring recommended solutions are commercial and competitive.
- Experience using various project management, business analysis and technical skills to analyse complex business problems to be solved with technical and non-technical solutions.
- Experience in managing and interacting with both local and virtual project teams and comfortable working in a geographically-spread and matrix environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with a tour operator or online travel company
- Experience with MS-Office suite (MS-Project, Visio, Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint), Excel is a must
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level preferred.
- Experience of implementing CRM systems
- A 'self-starter' requiring little direct oversight in performing short term and long-term tasks.
- Motivated to learn technology in an independent environment.
- Comfortable acting as an ambassador for the technology team at all times
- Technical abilities including reading/interpreting XML, SQL, or APIs preferred, but not required