This is an excellent opportunity for a forward-thinking IT Manager to take the reins on a modern IT infrastructure and become the driving force for improvements, support and implementation of efficiencies.
This role will work closely with Group IT as well as the rest of the business making sure that the way we approach Infrastructure, Security & Support is an enabler for our business, and not purely a technical initiative. You will be responsible for ensuring we deliver services in the right way, and at maximum speed within control and security. An essential part of your role will be to provide technical guidance and expertise to the team and mentor them. The local team of two staff consisting of senior systems administrator and 1st line support member who are responsible for delivery and support of IT services to the business of 200+ users split across national and international locations. (Users breakdown: Cheltenham 170, London 25, Russia 7, Italy 20, Spain 5)
Abercrombie & Kent has adopted the hybrid cloud strategy and uses Office 365 under the EA agreement. The business-critical applications are inhouse hosted utilising VMware as a hypervisor with Citrix Virtual Desktops. The 3rd line support is provided by Group IT who are also responsive for the global IT strategy. Local teams work closely with Group IT to deliver a 1st class IT with focus on customer services.
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation.
- Designing training programs and workshops for staff.
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff.
- Test/POC all changes to networks, hardware, application.
- Develops emergency plans for equipment, power, or security failure to preserve technology and data.
- Manage automatization of applications provisioning with Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Power Shell etc.
- Work with third party vendors and service providers to ensure productive environment.
- Work closely with business stakeholders HR, Finance, Sales, marketing to understand their needs and challenges and provide adequate solutions.
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications.
- Business continuity and DR.
- Monitor inbox daily for breach reports and subject access requests.
- Work with appropriate departments to respond to requests and investigate breach reports
- Review and update our policy and procedures where required
- Provide advice to staff on GDPR related matters
- Review of ICO updates.
- Hands-on experience with implementing and maintaining critical business application.
- Hands on experience with network monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, Rancid etc.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Experience running high-end IT systems.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or CISCO and Microsoft Qualifications.
- VB, PowerShell, Python or Bash
- VMware 6.5 (Virtual Switch, QoS, Storage Management)
- Hyper-V, Citrix
- Mitel MCD 7.2 (3300)
- Azure, Office 365, SharePoint
- Organized and good verbal/written communication
- Team oriented
- Customer service focused