Position: Project Management Office (PMO) Manager
Department: Strategic Planning
Location: St Martin’s Lane, London, UK or Downers Grove, Chicago, USA – with international travel will be required if based at either location
Reports to: SVP, Strategic Planning and Business Development
Employment Status: London Based - Permanent, 5 days a week (Mon-Fri 9:00 – 17:30)
Downers Grove Based - Full Time, Exempt
Abercrombie & Kent is recruiting for an experienced PMO Manager to establish and run the Project Management Office, to ensure delivery of global Group projects within agreed scope, time, and cost.
The successful candidate will provide support, implement best practices, and develop project management competencies throughout the organisation.
Experience & Qualifications:
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- Significant proven experience in Project Management, with proven experience of managing a PMO.
- Recognised formal project management certification (PMP/APMP/Prince2 or equivalent)
- Experience using project management methodology including Agile, PRINCE2, Scrum or equivalent for medium to large sized projects.
- Strong skills in creating and maintaining project and program plans, including risks, actions, issues, dependencies.
- Highly efficient in resource planning and tasks assignment
- Knowledge of benefits and dependency mapping, risk management and resource planning
- Highly proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS project
- Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations
- Diplomatic ability to influence others at all levels of the business.
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience of Program and project level financial management
- Experience of defining and delivering benefits realisation for projects and programme.
- Training and coaching of Project Managers and Business Partners
- Must have the ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time.
Candidates with 3 years + proven experience of managing a PMO, travel industry experience, experience within an international company and high proficiency in Jira is desirable.
If you would like to apply please complete our online application form and send it along with your covering letter to [email protected]
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.