Position: Product Development Specialist
Location: Cheltenham office
Reports to: Product & Contracting Manager
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00-17:30
Abercrombie & Kent is the world's largest network of luxury destination management companies, with over 55 offices on the ground in more than 30 countries. As destination specialists we have dedicated experts for FIT, group and incentives & events travel, who invest time in researching new and innovative ideas, and tailor bespoke itineraries for groups of all sizes. The A&K DMC difference can be seen in everything we do, from creative and personalised itineraries, to expert ground operations and the very best guides.
Abercrombie & Kent Europe is recruiting an experienced and commercially driven Product Development Specialist with a background in European product to join the Product & Contracting Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching and developing creative, imaginative, and commercially viable products. The Key to success in this role will be the ability to develop strong working relationships with all internal departments, external suppliers and tourist boards.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven experience in developing new and commercially beneficial products.
- Proven experience of working to targets and KPI’s where new product development provides a measurable benefit to improving sales and margins.
- Extensive knowledge of European travel products
- Experience in taking product from concept to full implementation and making it available to sell.
- Experience with providing coaching and training on new products.
- Willingness to travel to Europe frequently for product development trips, familiarisation trips and trade shows.
- Relevant experience within the luxury travel market
- Willing and able to self-drive in the UK and Europe
- Commercially driven, with strong negotiation skills
- Confident communicator with the ability to develop strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Strong time management in order to be able to juggle different projects at the same time.
- Ability to manage changing priorities.
- Does this sound like you? Then we would love to hear from you!
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to work scheme
- Travel loans
- Work-save pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Recruitment bonus
- Regular social events
- Progression opportunities
- 20 days' annual leave increasing with each year service up to 25 days
- Employee discounts