Abercrombie & Kent is the World’s premiere luxury travel company operating globally for over 50 years. The business comprises of international Tour Operations Offices (TOCs), Destination Management Companies (DMCs) and a selection of wholly owned properties and river cruise ships.
The A&K Italy DMC was established in 2004 and operates as the head office for an aggregate region that also includes Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro and Malta. The company strives to deliver excellent travel experiences with exclusive access in peerless comfort and style. We are committed to providing travel that enhances and changes lives.
Driving Sales for existing and new markets for A&K Italy & Croatia office, across the different product lines of FIT, TM Groups, Akorn and Incentives.
Support function to General Manager: overseeing the quoting and operation of the tours by the sales/operating consultants; managing quality control issues and some reporting functions, all with a view of increasing sales, conversions and profit margins.
- Work with the General Manager to promote and grow the business year on year in accordance to ambitious growth targets for sales and EBITDA.
- Set quarterly Sales forecasts and annual Sales budget for the A&K Italy & Croatia office in agreement with the General Manager and RDS
- Create, and review yearly, a mid to long term Sales & Marketing strategy for agreement with the
- General Manager and RDS
- Drive sales for the A&K Italy & Croatia office to achieve and exceed those targets
- Focus on sales targets of each major source market and create the necessary initiatives to exceed these targets
- Evaluate, develop, set up and deliver a successful social media marketing strategy in agreement with RDS and GM and in accordance with A&K Group guidelines.
- To take necessary actions and proactive responsibility to ensure the Sales Budgets are achieved
- To develop and maintain strong relations with A&K TOC and Sales Office staff, as well as new and existing 3rd party clients
- As required visit to A&K USA, Downers Grove to train the Business Facilitators and Sales staff and meet with the relevant AKUSA teams
- To participate in and coordinate new business development activities which may include hosting FAM trips, site inspections, attending trade shows, sales trips, webinars etc.
- Develop a sales & marketing plan for winning new business, from new and existing clients
- Produce detailed sales back-up material and training information for the A&K TOC Tour Consultants to use.
- Undertake regular direct sales telephone calls and follow ups with agents to gain quoting opportunities and assist with conversions.
- Work with the Europe marketing team to ensure the most efficient and innovative way to approach clients and help to create appropriate sales collateral and website content
- Assist with the production of sales material for any sales trips to be undertaken by any members of the company a required.
- To ensure that agreed turnaround times and targets are achieved
- To ensure conversion is maximized on all quotes and that the team is proactively following up on proposals, providing guidance or help where necessary. Focus on improving the team’s conversion level.
- Maintain constant contact with the quoting and operations teams to ensure quotes are submitted and operated on time and in line with the client expectations.
- Keep regular contact with key agents
- Maintain focus on customer and agent satisfaction resulting in repeat business
- Coordinate the response to any quality control issues and work with the agent and consultants to rectify and maintain the agent relationships
- Future Business Development
- Identify and evaluate future business possibilities: new product ranges/themes, new market opportunities, sales channels and target groups.
- Implementation of such opportunities in conjunction with the relevant teams by driving and overseeing such projects
- Ensure cohesive and productive team work within the office and with the other Europe DMCs
- Motivate and encourage staff, setting a good and positive example at all times
- Support management in the implementation and formulation of projects and changes to procedures
- Fully support the continued implementation and development of our IT systems
- Ensure a structured recce/fam trip system is in place. This must be managed to extract maximum results from the budgeted finances available.
- To act as a last-resort quoter during peak periods or for high profile files requiring the managers’ personal involvement
- Provide guidance and assistance to members of staff in other European A&K DMC locations and TOC’s
- To maintain the very highest levels of professional integrity and lead the team by this example
- To attend management meetings as required both in and outside of Italy
- To be flexible on working hours to accommodate clients and workloads as required