Position: South East Asia, Travel Specialist
Location: Cheltenham or London
Reports to: Sales Manager
The Asia Travel Specialist takes responsibility for all existing and future clients’ experiences at A&K - from the moment clients initially contact us through the various channels, arranging and confirming their trip, making contact upon their return and setting up the next A&K experience.
Using in-depth knowledge of the destination, personal insight and using the full resource of Abercrombie & Kent, the service delivered should be consistently exceptional. This is measured through an ability to convert enquiries into profitable sales and deliver against expectations of consistently high client satisfaction and promote repeat business.
- Respond to all new sales enquiries within 2 hours, be they received via email, online, LiveChat or via telephone message.
- To expediently, professionally and politely answer all telephone calls, including those overflowing from other teams.
- At the earliest opportunity, to call clients who have requested a brochure with a view to nurturing this initial enquiry into an active sales lead.
- To create an enquiry in Travel Studio for all new sales leads
- To proactively ensure familiarity with all products in your region – especially those promoted on the A&K website, in brochures, magazines and any other marketing collateral, including special offers.
- To routinely attend product training sessions, including participating in company sponsored Educational trips.
- Use effective questioning techniques to effectively establish client requirements and then use your product knowledge to create a bespoke itinerary, matching these established preferences and requirements.
- Ensure that itinerary proposals, with quote, are produced and delivered to the client within company SLA’s
- Prepare quotes within the acceptable margin parameters as set out by the management team.
- To maintain an efficient, professional and friendly relationship with the client throughout the booking process. Maintain regular contact with clients (and travel agents) to keep them informed of progress and the status of booking, including updating on developments.
- To call the client pre-travel and post-travel to seek feedback, pre-empt any problems and maintain a courteous relationship.
- Encourage the client to complete a post-travel questionnaire
- Take responsibility for any post-travel problem solving in a professional, expedient and diplomatic manner, always looking to exceed expectations and deliver total client satisfaction.
- Load all enquiries accurately in Travel Studio – including names /addresses/marketing codes/travel plans/other relevant information.
- Take responsibility for all flight reservations via GDS (Galileo), creating and maintaining PNRs. Use knowledge of fares to ensure that the correct fare is filed and that ticketing deadlines are observed. Ensure that any amendments or cancellations are communicated in order to maintain accurate and up-to-date files and minimise financial loss.
- Proactively manage the progress of itineraries from initial quote through to bookings and repeat business - specifically following-up all itinerary proposals sent to clients to ensure maximum conversion to bookings in order to maximise revenue and profit. This involves the very deliberate application of sales techniques.
- Be aware of individual and team sales targets, always working to ensure these are achieved or exceeded.
- Maximise margin through adherence to the set margin guidelines and eliminate mistakes through the precise use of Travel Studio.
- Ensure that client balance payments are received 8 weeks before departure (or as soon as practical with regard to late bookings)
- When including international air travel in an itinerary, pay particular attention to the fare rules and ticketing deadlines, always ensuring payment has been received to cover associated costs.
- Attend supplier presentations and functions when required to maintain up to date product knowledge.
- Identify errors and discrepancies in supplier reconfirmation to ensure that all information sent and/or advised to clients is correct.
- Adhere to hours of work as the company requires, maintaining optimum cover for client enquiries.
- Promote a professional impression of A&K through an appropriate dress code.
- Meet client and colleague expectations by maintaining a professionally consistent attitude towards your work.
- Ensure that your work area is kept clear and tidy.
This Role Profile highlights the key responsibilities but is not intended to be exhaustive.
If you would like to learn more about the position or apply please send your CV, salary expectations and cover letter to: [email protected]