Abercrombie and Kent Europe is part of a highly motivated, focused and successful global Travel Company dedicated to offering the discerning traveller a personalised and exemplary service.
Abercrombie and Kent Europe operates an inspirational range of luxury escorted tours to Europe, from explorations of Croatia to private jet tours of Spain and the Mediterranean. Our Luxury Group Journeys are truly special, staying at Europe’s top hotels and including added extras such as a ‘travelling bell boy’, breakfast in bed and exclusive insider experiences.
An opportunity has arisen to join our expanding and friendly Tours team as a Tours Coordinator, Europe, based in our Cheltenham office. The successful candidate will have a university degree, ideally speak a European language, be highly organised and have experience at organising group tours.
Position: Tours Coordinator, Europe
Department: Luxury Group Journeys
Location: Cheltenham, but you may be required to work at such other location(s) as the Company may require
Reports to: Manager - Brochure Touring
Summary of Duties: To successfully operate European brochure tours and assist with future planning.
- Excellent command of the English language, spoken and written
- Good level of geographical and general knowledge of Europe
- University degree or similar OR solid and relevant work experience
- Up-to-date knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Numeracy and good, basic mathematical understanding
- Preferably some knowledge of one other European language
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- A willingness to develop relationships with key suppliers
- Good and effective time management
- Strong communication skills
- Managing a variety of European tour ground operations, with several departures per month
- Issuing contracts to all suppliers at the start of the season and ensuring they are kept updated
- Booking all requirements for each tour
- Working with hotel partners to manage group inventory
- Negotiating with suppliers to secure and improve on budgeted costs
- Working with our in house reservations system to operate the tour and ensure financial records are accurate
- Preparing detailed documentation for the tour leader of each tour, and our emergency on call staff.
- Liaising with the Resident Tour Director to ensure he/she is fully briefed and motivated to deliver the best possible tour for A & K guests
- Handling Customer service issues
- Preparing detailed invoices for the sales offices
- To log and share feedback from each tour to ensure that improvements are made as soon as possible.
- To prepare itineraries & costings for guests looking to add additional touring within a 24hr turnaround time.
- To provide creative input and assist in the design of future brochure tours assisting with research, costing, availability checks etc as requested and directed.
- To assist the Accounts Department with invoice queries as they arise
- To enter financial data onto Travel Studio in a timely and accurate manner
- Compete RTD expenses within 2 weeks of receipt
- To actively seek ways to control costs, maximise upsell/extra service opportunities and improve margins
- Resolve any problems that might occur during a tour, with the support of your team leader and management
- To follow up on Customer Service and Quality Control issues within 2 working days – keeping the Team Leader and Manager informed at all times
- To investigate and reply to customer service issues in a fair and balanced manner
- Work as part of a team, being available to assist other colleagues as required in peak periods
- General office duties and any other reasonable duties as requested by management
- Provide guidance and assistance to members of staff in other European A&K DMC locations.
- Participation in occasional familiarisation or business trips with follow up reports and presentation
If you would like to learn more about the position or apply please send your CV, salary expectations and cover letter to: [email protected]