Junior Travel Writers
'My favourite holiday experience’ –
win a holiday to Oman with our children’s writing competition
Oman ticks all the boxes for family holidays: sun, sea, sand, scenery and sights. From canyons to coral reefs, bazaars and forts, it’s a land of contrast and culture all wrapped up in a storybook setting. With a year-round sunshine, amazing facilities and a reasonable flight time, it is the perfect choice for half term or Easter holiday getaways.
Sound good? We’re offering a family of four – two adults and two children – a five-night stay at the Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara and the Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort with Oman Air flights. To win this prize, all your child – aged between 5 and 11 years old on 3 November 2017 – must do is write about his or her favourite holiday experience in 100 to 200 words. The best entry, as chosen by Abercrombie & Kent and Oman Tourism, will win this fantastic stay for his or her family.
Simply complete the entry form below and email us your child’s written content and artwork. The email address will be provided on the thank you page following submission of the form.
- The competition is open to children between 5 and 11 years old on 3 November 2017. The entry must be the entrant’s own work.
- The winner will be chosen from a selection of judges at A&K and Oman Tourism. The judges’ decision is final.
- Prize is valid for two adults and two children (under 12 on the date of departure from the UK) travelling together and includes three nights in a one-bedroom, garden-view pool villa at Anantara Baleed Salalah Resort on B&B basis, and two nights in a one-bedroom garden pool villa at Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort on B&B basis. An adult must accompany all children or infants.
- Accommodation is for two adults plus two children under 12 on the date of departure from the UK. Room includes one double bed plus two rollaway beds provided at Al Baleed and one extra bed plus sofa bed at Al Jabal. Supplements may apply for families with children over 12 on the date of departure from the UK.
- All transfers included in Oman.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- Prizes have no cash value.
- Competition closes on 3 November at 9pm and winners will be notified by 17 November 2017.
- Competition is open to UK residents aged 5-11 and entrant is to be submitted by the child’s parent or legal guardian.
- Competition is not open to the children of employees of A&K, Oman Tourism or Oman Air.
- The winner has 14 days to claim the prize following notification by contacting Faye Wiltshire on [email protected]
- If not claimed within 14 days the prize will be forfeited and A&K retains the right to offer the prize to another winner. Winner whose prize has been forfeited will not be entitled to any compensation.
- Trip must be booked by 31 December 2017 for travel completed by 10 December 2018 and includes selected school holidays.
- No extension of the prize validity will be allowed and no change of destination/area will be allowed from the one specified.
- The tickets cannot, in any circumstances, be sold or auctioned.
- The prize does not include travel between the winner's home and the airport, travel insurance, incidentals, tips. All other costs to be paid by the winner. There are no cash alternatives.
- Flight from London Heathrow to Muscat in Economy class for four people.
- It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure they have a valid passport and travel insurance.
- A&K reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize is not available.
- By submitting your child’s entry, you are giving us permission to use any associated content including imagery and copy.
- We will not be able to return entries unfortunately.