Why we like it
- Camp Kalahari is a traditional safari style camp of the old explorers
- A perfect place to explore the mysterious Makgadikgadi pans
- It is the ideal camp for those who want fun, comfort, style and adventure
- Activities on offer are guided walks with the Bushmen, quad bike excursions onto the pan, nature walks and drives and an experience with a group of wild but habituated meerkats
- Camp Kalahari accepts children of all ages and makes for a fantastic family safari destination
About Camp Kalahari
Camp Kalahari is the best way to experience the Kalahari and Makgadikgadi in a fresh and affordable way. You'll find Camp Kalahari nestled amongst the acacias and Mokolwane palms of Brown Hyaena Island, on the edge of the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, adjacent to the Makgadikgadi-Nxai Pans National Park, Botswana. The style of the camp is refreshingly simple, cosy, comfortable and traditional.
Guests can relax in a traditionally built thatch library, living and dining area. There's also a separate lounge area strewn with cushions - an ideal area to lie back and unwind. Camp Kalahari has 6 Twin spacious Meru tents with en-suite bathrooms, flush loos and running water. Along with comfy beds, crunchy cotton sheets, stripy African blankets and hot water bottles in winter. The meals at Camp Kalahari are plated, not buffet style, and are comprised of interesting and delicious dishes from all over Africa.