Why we like it
- Set in the amazing Nxai Pan National Park which is famous for "Baines' Baobabs"
- 9 environmentally adapted en-suite rooms, including a family room
- Activities on offer include game drives, star gazing & nature walks
- Kwando Nxai Pan has its own permanent waterhole
- The camp is 100% solar operated
- Kwando Nxai Pan offers a desert experience that combines well with a camp in the Okavango Delta
About Kwando Nxai Pan
Kwando Nxai Pan is located on the western edge of the fossil pan from which the camp takes its name. Nine purpose built desert rooms specially designed to provide a constant and comfortable temperature throughout the year. Excellent game viewing is possible from the comfort of the rooms as the water hole in front of the camp draws a multitude of wildlife.
Activities offered at Nxai Pan are game drives, day trips to the famous Baines' Baobabs and Khama Khama Pan, star gazing, as well as nature walks with Bushman trackers. As Nxai Pan is in a national park and an ecological sensitive area the vehicles cannot drive off road or at night. The main area of Nxai Pan has a large open plan lounge area and dining room with a viewing deck leading onto the swimming pool. There is also a small library and curio shop. All the guest rooms are connected by a slightly raised walkway to the main area.
Children welcome over 6 years old (under 6 are welcome if camp is booked exclusively). A private vehicle must be booked with children aged 6-12.