Why we like it
- Abu Camp is located in a riverine forest in the heart of the Okavango Delta on a private concession of 180 000 hectares
- A luxurious and intimate camp with 6 individually designed tented units
- Offering the unique experience of interacting with African elephants
- Facilities include a gym, library, study and a plunge pool
- Activities on offer are day and night game drives in open 4x4 vehicle, mokoros seasonally, walking and the incredible elephant activities that include walking with the herd and interacting with them
About Abu Camp
Abu Camp is a stunning camp, every detail has been thought of and it is a place of true luxury and discovery. The elephant experience at Abu camp involves being part of an elephant herd, meeting each elephant and beginning to understand what makes the largest land mammal tick.
The accommodation at Abu Camp is six airy tents, each individually designed with a private deck overlooking the lagoon. Each unit is en-suite and includes an outdoor copper bath. The main area of the camp consists of a lounge, dining area, plunge pool, library and gym, the areas are split over different levels creating space and comfort. Meals are a sumptuous affair and there is an excellent choice of award winning wines on offer.
The habitats around Abu Camp are varied and different to the typical Okavango Delta scenery with open grasslands to secluded island sanctuaries and papyrus-fringed channels, allowing for an abundance of general game viewing: from giraffe, zebra, elephant, impala, tsessebe and lechwe to wildebeest, buffalo and warthog.