Why we like it
- Kwara camp is located in the private concession of Kwara in the Okavango Delta on permanent water adjacent to Moremi Game reserve
- Eight luxury en-suite tents all with inside/outside showers and a special honeymoon tent with a bath
- Spectacular scenery and a stunning camp setting
- The open 4x4 vehicles can go off road and night drives are available
- Perfect choice of camp for all combines well with Kwando Lagoon or Kwando Lebala due to the contrasts in setting
About Kwando Kwara
Kwara camp is set overlooking a secluded lagoon in the north of the Okavango Delta. This area offers a contrasting experience, due to the access to the permanent waterways of the Delta as well as expansive dry land areas which give ample opportunities for excellent game viewing. Kwara camp offers a wide variety of activities, in addition to game drives, both day and night, the camp offers game walks and mokoro trips, as well as power boating and fishing. (There is no fishing allowed in January and February as it is the breeding season)
Kwara camp has a beautiful main area with raised teak deck with views over the savannah, a small pool deck with plunge pool to relax by to escape the heat of the African sun. There is beautiful handcrafted furniture from Zimbabwe throughout giving an authentic African feel to the camp. The campfire is always burning in the evening and the perfect place to share a story after an exciting day in the African bush.
Kwando Camps welcome children of all ages and do have a special "Family Safari" programme with your own dedicated guide to not only guide you on your game drives but to look after you in camp and make sure that the children are not only entertained but learning about life in the bush. Some of the activities on offer are spoor castings, using spotlights, fishing, mammal, bird and plant identification, identifying night sounds and making greeting cards out of natural materials.