Why we like it
- andBeyond Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge is set in a private wilderness concession of 25000 hectares
- Track the semi-acquatic lechwe and sitatunga antelope
- Nine split level safari suites feature lofty rooftop lookouts complete with daybed and full size plunge pools
- Activities on offer are both land and water activities from mokoro trips, game drives and guided walks
- Perfect for a true delta experience in a truly remote lodge
About andBeyond Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge
An intimate lodge, andBeyond Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge is designed with privacy in mind. Set along the banks of a lagoon and guarded by a resident family of hippo, Xudum flawlessly combines the best of this unique inland delta - the peace and serenity of gliding through waterways lined with lush aquatic plants and the excitement of searching for big game through endless miles of green grassland.
The main area of the lodge boasts dramatic decks with 180° views of the surrounding wilderness yet from afar remain discreetly within the tree line. There is a swimming pool and a small curio shop that sells African craft and jewellery. The lodge is beautifully designed with a few quirky recycled elements, old tyres have been used as hammocks and old wood and metal have been incorporated into the suites. Each split-level safari suites feature large bathtubs and al fresco showers.