Why we like it
- With just six tents, a small and intimate camp
- Guided forest walks and river swimming, a unique forest hideaway
- Incredible birdlife and spectacular butterflies
- Authentic cultural visits to local Samburu families
- Day and night game drives
About Kitich Camp
In a remote valley of the Mathews Range you will find Kitich Camp in the heart of the forest overlooking the crystal clear waters of the Ngeng River. The valley is home to elephant, the melanistic leopard, rhino and the giant forest hog amongst others. As you are in a forest area you will also find cycads which date back 100's of years and wild orchids.
The tents have been are an authentic safari style with an en-suite stone bathroom and a traditional safari bucket showers. The main lounge area overlooks the floodlit river which you can enjoy watching the wildlife emerge from surrounding forest at dusk.